Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Digital TV Forum:
Phillips Antenna - Sanasonic Converter not working

alwaysariyana
New User

Apr 21, 2009, 12:42 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2731 views)
Shortcut
Phillips Antenna - Sanasonic Converter not working Can't Post

I am trying to digitize an old tv using the sanasonic converter box with a phillips antenna. Now, it can receive maybe 2 channels, neither helpful and won't even get any of the others when I do an auto scan. I have adjusted the antenna all sorts of ways but to no avail.
Is there something I am missing, or is this Digital Conversion just a headache with no end?
Thanks.

a. palmer jr.
New User

Jun 15, 2009, 12:39 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2682 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alwaysariyana] Phillips Antenna - Sanasonic Converter not working [In reply to] Can't Post

It appears to be a headache with no end in sight. Some channels haven't fully done the changeover yet. I guess they were caught off guard of how difficult it is to change a system that's been in place for 60 years or so. Your antenna has a big part in how good your reception is. You may have to fiddle with it some. An amplifier definitely helps. Some digital boxes are better than others...I use a Phillips that I bought at Radio Shack and think it is one of the easier ones to use.

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 15, 2009, 1:10 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2680 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alwaysariyana] Phillips Antenna - Sanasonic Converter not working [In reply to] Can't Post

If the reception on stations was "marginal" before the conversion (Couldn't get a station at all; it was VERY Snowy; fading in & out; fluttered as plane/truck passed) and you're using the same antenna (and the station is still on the Same RF channel as before the conversion) ... you will still have problems after the conversion.

For example: Here in Chicago channel 11 moved from RF channel 11 (no problem receiving before the transition) to RF channel 47. If you had problems (here) receiving stations 44 and 50 before the conversion, you will likely have problems receiving channel 11 now.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)