Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Digital TV Forum:
Splitter question

n0c7
New User

Dec 14, 2008, 4:25 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1617 views)
Shortcut
Splitter question Can't Post

I've got 8 RG6 runs in my house that run down to a central point. I have Digital Cable, Cable Modem, and Digital Phone. I don't have everything hooked up right now.

What I want to do is have a 1000MHz 3-way splitter and a 1000MHz 8-way splitter. The cable modem, digital phone, and connection to the 8-way would all connect into the 3-way splitter. The 8 TV's would connect into the 8-way splitter.

My signal into my home is very decent. What 8-way splitter would you recommend, and should I amplify it? If so, how would I know it needs to be amplified? I only have one HDPVR box, the rest of the TV's are classic analog tubes. Right now, I have 6 TV's hooked up, and it all looks great being split off really messy with 3 splitters and no amp.

techman540
User

Dec 22, 2008, 5:15 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1591 views)
Shortcut
Re: [n0c7] Splitter question [In reply to] Can't Post

If you are going to run a 8 way splitter I would recommend a channel vision or spawn they are both really good companies. Once you have it hooked up if you noticed the signal loss then you would need to look into amplifying the signal. Another route you could go is the channel vision 2 in 8 out amplified splitter combiner. It features a modulator input so you can add your own channels IE security camera as well as IR passive RF design. This would allow you to control video devices from any room in the house.

Motosat dealer
RV Internet

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)