Voice Activated TV

Jeff007
New User

Oct 7, 2010, 8:17 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1842 views)
Shortcut
Voice Activated TV Can't Post

Hi,
Does anyone tried the voice activated TV? I am looking for some advice on it as I found it in market and want to try it. I am very confused whether to use it or not. This is the new technology and doesn't want to take any type of risk from this technology.

Like to read your views soon.

Thanks
Voice Activated TV

JohnRocks
User

Oct 21, 2010, 8:16 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jeff007] Voice Activated TV [In reply to] Can't Post

There's this thing about accents, dialects and languages. I might say, "TV On," while some other guy might say, "Tvee Auhn." One might say, "Six," some guy might say, "Seiz," others might say, "Roku" and I might say, "Anim."

At the moment, there's also a big deal about background noises. I'm sure you all know that an, "Ah," spoken in a silent household sounds different from an, "Ah," accompanied by a choir also saying "Ah".
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rackmount LCD Monitor
USB KVM

Jeff007
New User

Oct 22, 2010, 8:57 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JohnRocks] Voice Activated TV [In reply to] Can't Post

If this is the case really than it will be difficult to use this as in my house there are people of different ages. A small kid has a different ascent while an old aged person has different.

I welcome other person's opinion as well. Please help.
Voice Activated TV

Ron.M
Veteran

Oct 22, 2010, 7:12 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jeff007] Voice Activated TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Jeff007;....

From your link;=>...

When you start to use this device, the technology will begin to recognize your own distinctive vocal patterns, and your families very quickly. Once the teaching phase is over, you can begin to rest easy, sit back and control their media centre from the comfort of their armchair - without having to lift a finger.

While I have doubts that this product is any good , that's what they say at the website....

Later...Ron.M....Cool....
Veteran & Retired TV technician

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)