Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Digital TV Forum:
What Is Wrong With This Picture?

D.V. Dee
New User

Jul 21, 2009, 12:26 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1395 views)
Shortcut
What Is Wrong With This Picture? Can't Post

I set up a Tivax STB-T8 digital TV converter with my non-Digital TV set, but got no digital channel reception...

All connections were rigged through my JVC VCR...the TV set, the audio receiver and the DVD player. Before the conversion, I used a Gemini G2000 indoor antenna and got decent reception. I live in a small city just outside of Boston, in an apt. building (top floor) close to the city's highest point...

The RF Out of my converter is plugged into Antenna In of my VCR...The antenna RF is connected to the converter RF In...a YWR connector is plugged into the DVD player, and a YWR connector runs from the VCR to the YWR inputs on the TV's side...

Scans done by the TV, the VCR and the converter ALL fail to detect any digital stations from the Greater Boston area--all display a "NO SIGNAL" message on the TV screen (set to Ch. 3)...is the culprit the Gemini antenna, or the connections? Or what?

Thanks for any feedback!

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 21, 2009, 1:14 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [D.V. Dee] What Is Wrong With This Picture? [In reply to] Can't Post

With that setup description the converter has already found the stations. The only thing that changes is what channel do you tune the VCR to - what channel was chosen /default of the converter (usually Ch. 3 (or ch. 4))!

TV stays on Ch. 3 , VCR stays on Ch. 3 (or "OFF") and converter does the scan/tuning!

Whether the antenna is sufficient or not?

What does this have to do with this?:
YWR White River, Ontario, Canada - White River (Airport Code)

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jul 21, 2009, 6:44 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)