Coaxial cable input????

mdegracia
New User

Oct 7, 2005, 10:13 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2398 views)
Shortcut
Coaxial cable input???? Can't Post

Hello,

I have a simple question. I have a new pioneer plasma (HD of course). My question is in regards to cable usage. The supply line in the ground and to the house is your typical coaxial line, correct? This line is then attached to the "box" and from there to the monitor. What purpose does using a HDMI or component cable serve in bettering the picture if the original cable for the source is a coaxial. It would seem as a "garbage in....garbage out" scenario. Also, if this does not matter, who is the "better" cable manufactuer, audioquest or monster(ultra line)?

thanks for any help

matt

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 7, 2005, 10:53 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mdegracia] Coaxial cable input???? [In reply to] Can't Post

SlySlySlySlySlySly garbage in....garbage out" scenarioSlySlySlySly

ok Matt! Your media receiver will filter/ process the GARBAGE signal into DIGITAL to your plasma tv...Your HDM1 and COMPONENT input from the MEDIA RECEIVER are options to DVD Player and other video sources compliant of such input to display a highest/ maximum resolutions in the future. Your plasma and media receiver has it's own conjunction cable so don't wonder why there's no other input direct to the screen. Your input wil be your media receiver this time.

denonjapan

made in japan

TANK1
Enthusiast

Oct 8, 2005, 1:41 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mdegracia] Coaxial cable input???? [In reply to] Can't Post

The signal goes to the cable box and upconverted to the Hd and passed to your plasma set.

You can not get HD from a s-video,single rca cable,or coax cable connected to your plasma.The plasma set requires for Hd that a dvi,hdmi,or component video cables are connected.

If you connect just a s-video,single rca cable or coax you are getting a SD only picture from your set.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)