Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Component Y, Pr, Pb on a Standard Def.

PerlHandlsBlazn
New User

Nov 26, 2006, 6:13 AM

Post #1 of 24 (4347 views)
Shortcut
Component Y, Pr, Pb on a Standard Def. Can't Post

Hey, I am just wondering what will the component video compare to. It is a standard def Tv with a component Y Pr, and Pb, anyone know what that will look like, or what I can compare it to. Thanks.

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 26, 2006, 6:56 AM

Post #2 of 24 (4343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PerlHandlsBlazn] Component Y, Pr, Pb on a Standard Def. [In reply to] Can't Post

it don't make any difference in a standard tv.

denonjapan
made in japan

PerlHandlsBlazn
New User

Nov 26, 2006, 7:42 AM

Post #3 of 24 (4342 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Component Y, Pr, Pb on a Standard Def. [In reply to] Can't Post

for real? that sucks.

MOtvGuy
User

Nov 26, 2006, 11:25 AM

Post #4 of 24 (4339 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PerlHandlsBlazn] Component Y, Pr, Pb on a Standard Def. [In reply to] Can't Post

If you mean using component vs. the standard video input jacks, you might see a difference for the good. Might is the key word.

TANK1
Enthusiast

Nov 26, 2006, 4:44 PM

Post #5 of 24 (4336 views)
Shortcut

I have a sd tv connected to a directv receiver ( Samsung Sir-75 ) with component video cables. It provides better picture quality than the s-video connection does.

The picture has more richer colors and gives it a crisper picture .

I compared by unhooking the component video cables and reconnecting the sat box with a good s-video cable and saw a decline in picture quality.

(This post was edited by TANK1 on Nov 26, 2006, 4:47 PM)

PerlHandlsBlazn
New User

Nov 26, 2006, 6:21 PM

Post #6 of 24 (4332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] Component Y, Pr, Pb on a Standard Def. [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay, Ive got the 20 inch sanyo flat screen. It has the component inputs, so I am hoping the picture quality is better.

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 27, 2006, 4:16 AM

Post #7 of 24 (4328 views)
Shortcut

Reason I said that! is bec. A friend of mine in IL. has this SONY TRINITRON KV-24FS100 with a component input, that was made in mexico. He asked me why the TV screen went blue screen when he connected the dvd player using the component input of the television, He wasn't capacitive enough to understand when I told him that the TV monitor is still analog, it's not a high def monitor. You just can't downconvert a component input into an analog television. Same thing with plasma or lcd. you can't upconvert composite input into high def monitor.
denonjapan
made in japan

PerlHandlsBlazn
New User

Nov 27, 2006, 12:53 PM

Post #8 of 24 (4325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Component Y, Pr, Pb on a Standard Def. [In reply to] Can't Post

If so, then why would they make component inputs on standard def tvs?

TANK1
Enthusiast

Nov 27, 2006, 9:10 PM

Post #9 of 24 (4320 views)
Shortcut

Component video inputs on a SD tv set or monitor only work with a SD DVD player or sat or cable box.

If you connect an HD sat or cable box with component video cables to a SD tv set or monitor you will get the blue screen because a SD set or monitor cannot accept a HD source.

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 28, 2006, 4:11 AM

Post #10 of 24 (4313 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] Component Y, Pr, Pb on a Standard Def. [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink good move!thanks tank1, that's what talking about. hope no one ask what is SD DVD Player so we can move on!!!!!!!!!!!

denonjapan
made in japan

PerlHandlsBlazn
New User

Nov 28, 2006, 6:47 AM

Post #11 of 24 (4311 views)
Shortcut

Sorry japan, usually on forums people with less knowledge seek people with more. Thanks for the help Tank.

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 28, 2006, 7:00 AM

Post #12 of 24 (4309 views)
Shortcut

if that's true, I would expect you to do better than sanyo next time! don't sorry me, sorry to you keep this to your knowledge if you learn any. ( hope this won't hit you deeply! you meant what you said, so do I ) be careful what you say next time!..

denonjapan
made in japan

PerlHandlsBlazn
New User

Nov 28, 2006, 4:48 PM

Post #13 of 24 (4299 views)
Shortcut

Haha, wow, you know you've hit a new low when you make fun of people because of the tv they have. (just a side note, I got the tv for $50, and for that price, I could care less what brand it is.) Hope your tv knowledge really gets you someplace someday pal.Wink

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 29, 2006, 1:47 AM

Post #14 of 24 (4289 views)
Shortcut

I don't make fun with people, I Just granted upon your request. however you are not the only one so, don't feel too bad. I understand!.....if the tv worth $50.00, I couldn't even take it even if it were given free. ( Only cheap sidewalk motel uses them and I could imagine you inside that room ) Why bother what brand it is? you shouldn't. but if you care to learn from people with more like you said? Pay attention of what I"m about to tell you cause you can't let your emotions going with it too.

denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Nov 29, 2006, 5:17 AM)

PerlHandlsBlazn
New User

Nov 29, 2006, 2:20 AM

Post #15 of 24 (4287 views)
Shortcut

lol you are soo messed up. You are the definition of issues.

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 29, 2006, 3:33 AM

Post #16 of 24 (4284 views)
Shortcut

In case you don't remember, I don't post issues! you did.......The funny thing about it is, you have the guts to declare how much that 'thang' cost you, and you still proud about it..SlySlySly Are you the type of monkey see, monkey do?, cause if you ask me, I have seen all walks of life. I don't think there's left there I expect from you, that I haven't known....and if you call that knowledge, then I disagree!!!! cause knowledge is power, and power is money!.............if you don't grasp this concept, that's what I call a messed up!... are you learning?

denonjapan
made in japan

PerlHandlsBlazn
New User

Nov 29, 2006, 4:48 PM

Post #17 of 24 (4274 views)
Shortcut

You're good for a good laugh, thats about it.

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 1, 2006, 1:12 AM

Post #18 of 24 (4259 views)
Shortcut

Make sure embarrassment didn't made you to, cause in all honesty you made me even moreSly.

denonjapan
made in japan

PerlHandlsBlazn
New User

Dec 1, 2006, 4:45 PM

Post #19 of 24 (4248 views)
Shortcut

Nice grammar.

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 1, 2006, 6:27 PM

Post #20 of 24 (4244 views)
Shortcut

ohhh YOU IS SO NICE!!!!!!!!!!!SlySlySly don't even try. Eres bien inutil pendejo!......

denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Dec 1, 2006, 6:34 PM)

techchris
Veteran

Dec 1, 2006, 10:48 PM

Post #21 of 24 (4237 views)
Shortcut

no idioma mal aqui por favor!!

DontaeH
New User

Dec 2, 2006, 2:01 AM

Post #22 of 24 (4233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Component Y, Pr, Pb on a Standard Def. [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually, you can hook a standard def tv to a high def box, and get a better pic. I have a sdtv hooked to a comcast hdtv dvr. I have the coax to the box, and the rca's to the tv. Way better pic.
Dontae Housley
A/V Equipment Sales
Tapeworksdontae@sbcglobal.net
www.tapeworkstexas.com

PerlHandlsBlazn
New User

Dec 2, 2006, 3:01 AM

Post #23 of 24 (4231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DontaeH] Component Y, Pr, Pb on a Standard Def. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks man.

DontaeH
New User

Dec 2, 2006, 3:01 PM

Post #24 of 24 (4220 views)
Shortcut

No Prob. Also, if you decide to do it, don't tell your cable provider what you're doing...so they'll include the HD channels. I actually watch the HD channels on my sdtv through that box. They're not hd quality, but they look pretty good.
Dontae Housley
A/V Equipment Sales
tapeworksdontae@sbcglobal.net
www.tapeworkstexas.com

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.17 s on (CGI/1.1)