New User

Mar 17, 2009, 10:23 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1016 views)
Shortcut
FF News: March 2009 CHAMP Can't Post

So you think you can dance??
18 March 2009
by Afsana Gani
S O M E T I ME S one needs to think in terms of the other person to actually realize your true potential. Decisions, Deadlines, Dreams and Desires WILL ALWAYS be a motivating factor in ones life.
Perhaps we are brought into the world we live in to empower, to lead, to love and to make a positive difference to our community, our society, our village and our nations.

I felt like a monkey when I was given the task to write the Footprints Filmworks Classic Clown Champ. Thoughts crossed my mind as to what the community would think is funny. It was until I saw an advertisement in Today's Times Magazine about a local clown visiting the community.

Nadeem's Circus that tours the community of Laudium once per year was having it's annual function so I decided Why Not??

I initially called up a few of my friends if they could join me on my expedition of meeting the new clowns on the block. Non of them were interested, telling me that the circus is for children, and that they were too busy with their own lives. So I decided what the heck, let me go alone.

Nadeems Circus was established by Nadeem Ebrahim in 1955 and has been providing entertainment, enlightenment, education and enrichment to communities of South Africa.
The atmosphere echoes children laughing and smiling, classic clowns walking on stilts, funny magic tricks and The Magician walking around painting faces.

I felt pretty bored until I managed to notice Mr Footprints Omar Abdulla in the far distance. I knew Mr Footprints from school back in the day, and I have always fancied him, but was too afraid. Mr Footprints was the type of guy that wanted one thing from a woman and that's it.

In the far distance I saw him buying popcorn with a few of his friends and as usual he was always messing about. I felt inspired just to greet him, but I figured he should wave first.

It was until he came to sit next to me that sent shivers down my spine. I so wanted to say Hi Omar, but I did not want to make a fool of myself in front of him. I felt that my entire life I have been doing things to please people, and here I was sitting next to my Dream Guy, and I could not even utter a word.

Hello Afsana, he said. You that nerdy girl that was with me in school. How are you doing?
As the evening went on, I felt like a child with a new toy. I was thrilled by the mere fact that I could see my high school sweetheart and actually laugh with him. Although Mr Footprints was a bit La De Dah with me, as the evening went on he sought of mellowed.

As the circus was drawing to a close The Magician announced that all couples should come to the floor for the closing couples dance. This was a new thing that Nadeems Circus introduced, and it seemed pretty fun. The children were wooing their parents to go on stage and share their love. I was a bit surprised that a circus had ballroom dancing after the show.

Shall we dance? Mr Footprints asked me. I was never the type of girl to strut my stuff in public. The music that I listened to was from the days of Shar Rukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai.

So, I said Yes.
The music was upbeat forcing me to tramp on Mr Footprints toes. Holding him in my arms was one my dreams from the days I use to watch him work in our Science class in school. His perfume, His Strength and His personality oozed through my body. I was never a good dancer and it seemed tonight my energy was flowing. The song that was playing was the title track from Titanic.

The atmosphere on stage was electric as I could here the crowd chanting "We want more. We want more."
Whilst we were dancing I felt a sense of calmness rush through my body, as whatever I have been dreaming in my life coming to a reality.

Our community of Laudium is very small hence everybody knows everybody else's story. I did not care what people would say, I just felt the moment and his presence. My Heart WILL GO ON was the words from the tune that I would remember.

As the evening came to a close, I sought of wanted more for myself. All my life I have been trying to find the right guy, and here today he was with me in the flesh. I wanted more, but was too afraid to ask for more.

How about we go out next week like a proper couple he asked me. I did not want to seem to forward so I said give me your number and I will call you.

That evening before I tucked myself into bed, I thought to myself-An evening that I just wanted to go out and have a bit of fun, and surprise surprise-I might of found my Dream Guy in the process.

SO Yes, what I learnt from the whole thing was never be afraid to take risks, try new challenges, explore life on a grander scale, and who knows you might find your d r e a m guy.

I Guess I was the clown of the evening, and OH YEAH I got my face painted as well.

.................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .............................
The Footprints Filmworks Foundation-http://www.footprintsfilmworks.com
.................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .............................

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)