Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
HELP WANTED

carlberry
New User

Apr 14, 2005, 7:45 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2599 views)
Shortcut
HELP WANTED Can't Post

I need help selecting a HDTV. I'm a handicapped senior who spends many hours looking at my 27" Zenith. I've decided to get up to date and buy a HDTV. As I know little about HDTV, I need advice. I want a 30" to 40" model preferably a console (floor model) but there arn't many. I have Directv Tivo, a VCR, a 300+1 DVD/CD changer, MSNTV (Compurer users please don't hate me and MSNTV!) I don't like the projection models that I have seen and I've heard that Plasma is not 100%. Please help! carlberry

TANK1
Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2005, 1:21 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2591 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carlberry] HELP WANTED [In reply to] Can't Post

Plasma are both High Def and Enhanced Def.

Enhanced Def is High Def Lite.

If you want a big floor model tv- Mitsubishi 55315 is 55 inches of tv.

If you are at least 8 ft away you will enjoy this set.It is sold at Ciruit City,Best Buy and Sears.

Another option would be a Samsung DLP set.You would need a stand for these sets.

The good thing about a DLP is when the bulb burns out you just have it replaced and the set looks brand new again.These sets weigh less than 70-90 lbs and can moved easily.

You might consider burn-in as a factor when deciding on a set.Burn-in is damage caused to your screen by a image on your screen constantly with the contrast too high.If you watch Fox news,CNN,or MSNBC,the ticker that runs across the bottom of the screen will cause burn-in.You must leave the set on for every long time on one channel with a ticker.

Plasma and the big floor type rptv can get burn-in.

DLP,LCD,LCOS will NOT get burn-in.

Sony makes the LCD type sets.

JVC has the LCOS type set.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)