Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Help please.. Digital dummy

Fionak15
New User

Jan 9, 2010, 2:02 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1173 views)
Shortcut
Help please.. Digital dummy Can't Post

If someone could help, that would be much appreciated. Got a HD STB but as I had old TV and 2 SD DVD recorders, the reception wasn't good (except HD) so I took it back. Then I thought (that's where I went wrong) that if I bought an LCD HD TV, that would sort it all out. So I purchased this but after I got it home and realised it wouldn't recorder the other free to air channels, he then told me I'd need to purchase a HD STB ($83) for each DVD recorder. He also upsold me for special Monster Video 1 Antenna cables at $49 each (instead of the $5 ones I currently use) and said I still need to purchase another 3 of them or my reception wouldn't be optimised and that I also needed to purchase a Moster HDP 200 Powercentre surge protection ($79) or the dirty power in my house would ruin my LCD screen and it could even blow up.. Because I don't know anything about this, I'm not sure how correct this information is and I'm actually feeling a bit ripped off.. though if this is correct, then that's great but I don't like the feeling of being taken advantage of.. Also (with my DVD recording issue) DSE suggested I could just get a HD STB with a twin tuner with a hard drive ($399) which would allow me to tape 2 HD stations..
So as you can tell from my ramblings, I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all...
Does anyone know what information above is correct and if anyone has any thoughts on the best way to go with the DVD recording of the other stations...
thanks heaps... and I hope this makes sense... Fiona.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 29, 2010, 6:51 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1143 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fionak15] Help please.. Digital dummy [In reply to] Can't Post

fiona, i was criticized for my english all the time but god dawg on yours. LOL!...Anyhow! with your issue? YES most of it, you got ripped off by your innocence and it got nothing to do with the dirty power in your house HA-HA-HA.. Im not laughing at you but how life's struggle in your community turned people into these monsters (not a monster power surge) LOL......you don't need to correct this information brought to you, but to pack it all back up to their respective casing, go back to the store and ask for refund.
Im not really sure what's the problem, recording hd into the dvd recorder? that's not possible!...HD BOX with twin hd tuner and hard drive for multiple recordings doesn't make sense if that's what you really want unless you are considering keeping your current LCD other than analog. Then return all accessories they're upsold you (LOL)....
denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)