Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Hitachi 51F710, couple questions

notintime
New User

Mar 4, 2006, 7:46 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1991 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi 51F710, couple questions Can't Post

I just bought a Hitachi 51F710 and have a couple questions. First, I was under the impression (from my cable provider) that I wold need to rent a HD set top box to view channels in HD, but when I got home and auto programmed the channels I was getting 4-5 channels in HD. But on a couple of them the sound is not in sync with the picture. Is this because I dont have a box for the HD? I guess what is the point of renting a box when some HD channels already come in?
Second is that I wanted to see if anyone else had this or a similar TV because when I flip channels I can flip like normal for the first few and then it will just stop on a channel and not let you keep flipping for like 5 seconds, then you can flip a few more, etc. This is just annoying me and I wanted to know if there is a reason for it.
Thanks for any help.

TANK1
Enthusiast

Mar 5, 2006, 12:04 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [notintime] Hitachi 51F710, couple questions [In reply to] Can't Post

Where are the channels coming from? Are hooked up to basic cable with the a coax cable or do you have a antenna connected for local channels?

What channels are you getting? Are you sure they are in Hd?

notintime
New User

Mar 5, 2006, 2:19 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] Hitachi 51F710, couple questions [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah, basic cable with coax

TANK1
Enthusiast

Mar 5, 2006, 3:38 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1980 views)
Shortcut

Basic cable with a coax connected to your set.Gives you NO HD without a cable card and the worst connection possiable for cable.

You need a cable card from your cable company to get the HD channels.

If they don't have cable cards,then you need a HD cable box.

If you get the HD cable box.Make you you connect to the tv with a DVI,HDMI or COMPONENT VIDEO CABLES to get access for HD. Also connect the audio with two RCA cables or a Optical ( toslink) cable.

notintime
New User

Mar 5, 2006, 6:12 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1979 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] Hitachi 51F710, couple questions [In reply to] Can't Post

cool, thanks for your help. After reading their website it sounded like I needed a cable card (which they do have) or a set top box. But when I hooked it up there were definitly some high def channels that were right next to their analog stations (2, 2-1, etc) so you could tell the difference. But like I said it was not quite right, and from what you are saying the picture could probably be better as well. Also I do have my audio run through an optical cable already.
again thanks a bunch

notintime
New User

Mar 17, 2006, 4:47 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1965 views)
Shortcut

i had the cable card installed, but I still have a lip-sync problem. Is this a cable provider issue???

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)