Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Philips 64PH9905 HD Hookup

tjaltz
New User

Jan 7, 2006, 3:08 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2446 views)
Shortcut
Philips 64PH9905 HD Hookup Can't Post

I have a Philips 64PH9905 television that I want to feed high definition DirecTV into. The TV has five BNC type connectors in the back in an area marked "HD COMPONENT VIDEO IN". The five connectors are marked 'B/Pb', 'G/Y', 'R/Pr', 'V' and 'H/H+V'. The HD video that I am trying to feed into the TV is standard component video with a red, green and blue output. I have seen cables that have component video at one end and BNC type connectors at the other. My question is, can I feed the red/green/blue HD component video into the three of five BNC connectors on that back of the TV marked 'B/Pb" (for blue), 'G/Y' (for green), and 'R/Pr' (for red) and not use the two marked 'v' and H/H+V' ? Regarding the V and H/H+V connections, the manual states: "H/H+V (for combined horizontal/vertical sync signals) or V(ertical) sync inputs control the display of a RBG sourced picture in the left-to-right dimension and from top to bottom" If I can't use the red blue and green inputs and ignore the H/H+V and V, is there another way to feed HD component video (R/G/B) into the HD COMPONENT VIDEO IN on this TV? The HD DirecTV box also has an S-Video out, and the TV does have two S-Video inputs, but I was under the impression that HD could not be feed over S-Video, and I am not sure if the TV can display High Definition fed into the S-Video. The TV also has an input area marked DVD VIDEO INPUT that has connectors marked 'Pb', 'Y' and 'Pr' but I am not sure if this input is High Definition. Does anyone know If I can feed HD R/B/G into the DVD VIDEO INPUT connectors? Thanks in advance for your help. I tried calling Philips but they told me that since the TV was out of warranty, they could not help me unless I paid for support, and then said it was unlikely that they could even find documendation on this TV.

TANK1
Enthusiast

Jan 7, 2006, 3:46 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2443 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tjaltz] Philips 64PH9905 HD Hookup [In reply to] Can't Post

1- S-video is a NON hd signal

2-Look here for a bnc (5 connectors)-component video cable(r/g/b) http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/rgbhv/index.htm

You should send them an e-mail and ask about a component video connectors on one end and RGBHV on the other end.

tjaltz
New User

Jan 7, 2006, 4:12 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2442 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] Philips 64PH9905 HD Hookup [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, I'll contact them. So I assume that it is possible to feed 3 connector HD component video into the five BNC high definition connectors on this TV?

TANK1
Enthusiast

Jan 8, 2006, 2:28 AM

Post #4 of 6 (2435 views)
Shortcut

I'm not sure if you can,when you e-mail them ask them if possiable.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 8, 2006, 9:26 AM

Post #5 of 6 (2432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] Philips 64PH9905 HD Hookup [In reply to] Can't Post

yes that's possible! it's available!

denonjapan

made in japan

fqhed
New User

Feb 9, 2006, 9:42 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2381 views)
Shortcut

you can buy 3 bnc to rca adapters & connect them to pbyr in the "hd component video" aera, then buy a standard component video cable, You do not need to connect anything to the H or V. You must also make sure that you hit the "source" button on the front of the TV until it displays "EXT HD" on the screen

The component inputs labeled DVD ARE NOT HD, so if you want to usae a progresiver scan DVD player you have to use the HD component video connections, that means that if you want both progressive dvd & HD Direct tv, you would need a component switch

I have the same tv, I will take a picture & post it later if you are confused about how the connection works

(This post was edited by fqhed on Feb 9, 2006, 10:29 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)