Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Philips lcd remove black bars?! software?

jinjin
New User

Dec 17, 2007, 11:14 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1429 views)
Shortcut
Philips lcd remove black bars?! software? Can't Post

Hello, i have a new philips lcd full screen with ambilight 2 channel. Now my question is when you watch on normal analog screen you can adjust the screen to remove black bars. But with the channel turned to HD you can't change anything except wide screen or auto format but with analog you can do auto format, super zoom, 4:3, movie expand 14:9, movie expand 16:9, wide screen. Now i have read that with softwares of philips you can upgrade the firmware but is there a software or a hack? to turn on the different widescreen picture format? to remove the black bars because on HD this function is locked. Can anyone help me?

(This post was edited by jinjin on Dec 17, 2007, 11:27 PM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 20, 2007, 5:34 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jinjin] Philips lcd remove black bars?! software? [In reply to] Can't Post

You seem to understand all the tv functions there is. I don't understand what the problem. Softwares are present along with your tv only when connected to pc, if the monitor is compliant with the signal or equipped with video card.

denonjapan
made in japan

MOtvGuy
User

Dec 27, 2007, 6:31 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jinjin] Philips lcd remove black bars?! software? [In reply to] Can't Post

Unfortunately, many of the networks that are televising HD content are intentionally including the non-full (bars on the side) screen when transmitting. Not much you can do.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)