Picture Quality Help With 720p HDTV

josh_tffinc
New User

Feb 11, 2007, 9:32 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1390 views)
Shortcut
Picture Quality Help With 720p HDTV Can't Post

Hello!
I received a 32" Westington LCD HDTV for christmas. I have comcast digital cable with HD service, and it is hooked up with RGB component wires. Here is the problem: The picture quality is bad on the channels not broadcasted in HD. The picture is fuzzy, slow moving, and very far from crisp. The picture quality is the same when I hook up my PS2 (which is 480i) through regular RCA (Yellow, Red, White)/ I initially though it could just be the TV, but after I got the HD service, the HD channels look very good, and would be what I expect from a HD tv. So is there anyway to get the things in 480i to look better? Is there some sort of 480i to 720i converter? Thanks!!

TANK1
Enthusiast

Feb 12, 2007, 4:44 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1377 views)
Shortcut
Re: [josh_tffinc] Picture Quality Help With 720p HDTV [In reply to] Can't Post

Cable has the worst PQ because some channels are still analog ( 2-99 ).
Always the best connection Best - Worst
HDMI, DVI , Component Video, RGB, S-Video, Yellow RCA cable, black coax

A set up dvd will help with Color,Tint,sharpness , contrast and brightness.Also can be used on A/V Receiver and speakers.

I use this one - Avia Guide to Home Theater
http://www.deepdiscount.com/...tm?productId=5749112

Home Theater Scaler
The Gefen Home Theater Scaler allows you to upscale and switch your standard definition or high definition component and HDMI sources to resolutions up to 1080p. Anything from set-top boxes, DVD players to the next generation of gaming consoles including the Xbox 360 and PS3 can be plugged into the Home Theater Scaler

http://www.gefen.com/...uct.jsp?prod_id=4174

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)