Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Plasma vs. LCD

Lawnguy910
New User

Jan 26, 2007, 7:32 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2247 views)
Shortcut
Plasma vs. LCD Can't Post

I trying to figure out what TV I should buy. I am leaning towards the 50" panasonic plasma I haven't read a bad review on this TV yet but I have heard that if you watch a lot of ESPN or CNN the ticker at the bottom of the screen will burn onto the plasma. So I started looking at the LCD but from what I have seen you can not find a flat LCD in 50". And I notice that the plasma doesn't come in a 1080 does that make a huge difference in the picture?

TANK1
Enthusiast

Jan 26, 2007, 11:07 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2242 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lawnguy910] Plasma vs. LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

Burn in isn't a problem on the newer plasmas like it was.Here are some links with a ton information for you
Plasma
http://www.avsforum.com/...rumdisplay.php?f=167

LCD FLAT PANEL
http://www.avsforum.com/...ysprune=30&f=166

DLP,
http://www.avsforum.com/...aysprune=30&f=63

denonjapan
Veteran

Apr 8, 2007, 6:40 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lawnguy910] Plasma vs. LCD [In reply to] Can't Post

I have no object on your choice, however when your mind clouds up your decision due to LCD's presence as alternate choice and not by VERSUS or by comparison. The two has it's own definition performance. Both displays in early years has overcome their common issues at least to date those new and upcoming models are now reached it's peak. On the other hand, LCDs now progresses the slow response issues down to undetectable screen performance regardless of noted nos. It don't really matter. Also, Plasma technology achieved to eliminate potential burn-in in most current models however, one should not ignore is: their gradual dimming process. This is certain to every single one of them. Your concern to why Plasmas do not possess a full 1980 x 1080i resolution is bec. Pixels count being permanent to Plasma screen can only obtain a full resolution thru it's built-in processors. Only if you are receiving 1980 x 1080 video materials. Also,The majority of you guys ignore the words:>CAPABLE DISPLAY from the very beginning. Let's start with EDTV High definition capable display. Regardless of broadcasting status, No one will experience what 1980 x 1080 really means if you have no materials to feed on full resolution displays. It don't mean anything... On the other hand, LCD's resolution can even go higher than a full 1980 x 1080 and that's possible thru it's moving molecules. does it mean better? It is by number, but not necessarily true by CHOICE. If your Monitor is HIGH DEF COMPATIBLE, That's essentially good enough.
If this is your first buying experience on flat-screen, you can now rely on LCD but it's a matter of good choice. Not all of them are thesame. We don't always get what we want but you have to compromise with your needs and yes indeed, they don't make it in 50 inch but 57 to 60 there is. Take a good look of SHARP, NEC and JVC. Goodluck!

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)