Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
STB defaults to 480P

screamer
New User

May 1, 2005, 12:05 PM

Post #1 of 5 (3627 views)
Shortcut
STB defaults to 480P Can't Post

I recently purchased a Panasonic TH-50PHD7UY and Cablevision is my HDTV provider. Although during set-up of my HDSTB I checked all the signal that were visible on my TV. No matter what channel I tune to "HD or std." my STB defaults to 480P. Does anyone have a clue as to how I can view 1080? TIA.

TANK1
Enthusiast

May 1, 2005, 11:09 PM

Post #2 of 5 (3622 views)
Shortcut
Re: [screamer] STB defaults to 480P [In reply to] Can't Post

Kind of cable are you using to connect the STB to the set?

With your plasma I think you need a component video/bnc cable to access the hd connection on the set.The cable would have the component video RCA plugs on the end the connects to your cable or sat box and the other end of the cable would have bnc plugs on it.The bnc plugs would connect to the plasma.

If you are using a s-video cable than you are not getting HD.

www.bluejeanscable.com look under component video cable then look towards the middle of the page for bnc plugs.

It will be three cables each with a RCA connector on one end and bnc connector on the other end.

screamer
New User

May 2, 2005, 10:32 AM

Post #3 of 5 (3620 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] STB defaults to 480P [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm using 75ohm RCA --> BNC cables connected from the "component out" on STB to "component in" on the plasma display.

TANK1
Enthusiast

May 2, 2005, 12:29 PM

Post #4 of 5 (3617 views)
Shortcut
Re: [screamer] STB defaults to 480P [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok that should narrow it down to the cable box.Maybe you have a defective cable box.

Double check your set up menu in the plasma,then check the settings for the cable box.If one of them isn't set wrong,then sorry I'm out of ideas.

Call your cable company for a replacement box,can you just swap out cable boxes with your cable company? That would save them a service call.

screamer
New User

May 2, 2005, 1:11 PM

Post #5 of 5 (3615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] STB defaults to 480P [In reply to] Can't Post

I d/l'ed the set-up instructions on the SA website. It seems that the Cablevision tech didn't set up the STB properly.
I should have figured this when he left the display in RGB mode and told me to call the manufacturer 'cause the display was badUnsure

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)