Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Samsung smart hub flashes on and off

edfru2
New User

Dec 4, 2012, 3:24 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3691 views)
Shortcut
Samsung smart hub flashes on and off Can't Post

I recently purchased a UN60ES7100F Samsung edge lit LED tv. I updated the firmware to version 1024. Since then, a few minutes after the tv is powered on, while watching tv, the smart hub dashboard flashes on screen and then just as quickly, flashes off leaving me back to my tv show. I live in the US. Also, I am finding that since this update, non HD channels don't look as good as they previously did.
Any ideas?

theonlybaldone
New User

Dec 15, 2012, 2:46 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3510 views)
Shortcut
Re: [edfru2] Samsung smart hub flashes on and off [In reply to] Can't Post

Having the same issue. Very annoying. Were you able to figure anything out?

edfru2
New User

Jan 2, 2013, 12:23 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3256 views)
Shortcut
Re: [theonlybaldone] Samsung smart hub flashes on and off [In reply to] Can't Post

This issue still exists. Although a Samsung "brand ambassador" on The CNET samsung forum had said a fix would soon be out, it has been weeks and nothing yet. Truth be told, after using a DIsney wow disc to calibrate all my display mode settings, I don't think I'll install anymore updates unless forced to as the picture is pretty good now.

fivethumbs
New User

Jan 3, 2013, 9:03 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [edfru2] Samsung smart hub flashes on and off [In reply to] Can't Post

I was on the phone with Samsung customer service for over an hour. They had me reset the TV and then do all the firmware updates. After all that it's still happening. What a waste of time!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)