Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Sony Bravia EX720 vs. LG LE8500

Grenadeh
New User

Mar 25, 2011, 7:53 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2098 views)
Shortcut
Sony Bravia EX720 vs. LG LE8500 Can't Post

I currently have an LG LD550 46" that was awesome for the week I used it - due to my own negligence it fell onto the floor at my friends house while I was taking my stuff to my car. The LCD panel broke, needless to say. A replacement panel is $1250+, assuming that's the only thing wrong - according to murphy's law it won't be. Also needless to say, I paid 900 for the TV on sale, I'm not spending 1300 on an assumed fix (when either of these TVs can be found for 1100 or 1300 if you look hard/wait long enough.

Obviously either of these TV's would be a massive upgrade. I'm not familiar with the dynamic contrast ratio on the Bravia - which is really the only thing I have any question about before I buy one. The LG is a 9 million:1 ratio where from what I've read, the dynamic on the Bravia goes up to 8 million. My room really never gets too bright or too dark, so I'm curious as to whether the contrast would remain at a decent setting.

Any input or personal experience with these models?

In Reply To

LEDtvguy
New User

Mar 25, 2011, 11:57 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Grenadeh] Sony Bravia EX720 vs. LG LE8500 [In reply to] Can't Post

Haven't seen an LG tv in action, but you never can go wrong with a bravia imo. Sony's been doing it for years and they are not on top for having bad products

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)