Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Sound Problem....

twgirl
New User

Aug 18, 2008, 8:42 PM

Post #1 of 2 (961 views)
Shortcut
Sound Problem.... Can't Post

I have a Polaroid HD TV that is just over a year old. I turned it on the other day and there was no sound. I can only assume the speakers are blown or something.
Before I ask my question, please forgive my ignorance. I know NOTHING about TV's except how to watch them.
So, I was told that rather than taking the TV to get repaired, I could purchase a home theater system to get my sound back.
Is this true? And if so, is there anything special the home theater system would need to have?
Thanks in advance.
Kim

techchris
Veteran

Aug 19, 2008, 1:04 PM

Post #2 of 2 (955 views)
Shortcut
Re: [twgirl] Sound Problem.... [In reply to] Can't Post

the left/right audio jack sockets on the back of the tv will only give you sound if the fault is in the sound output of the tv.if the fault is before those sockets in the circuitry then you still wont have sound .if you have a normal hifi audio in your home run a cable from the tv sockets to the auxilliary input sockets on the hifi to see if you have tv sound coming through the system.it will save you wasting money buying a cinema surround system and finding it does not work. if all is well then treat yourself to the surround system.alternatively if you have a cable or satellite box then use the audio out sockets on the box instead of the tv to connect to the surround system.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)