Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Splitter Questions

riken
New User

Jan 31, 2009, 6:37 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1187 views)
Shortcut
Splitter Questions Can't Post

I just purchased a Plasma 40" HDTV (haven't picked it up yet) and I subscribe to Cox. I asked Cox if an 8-way splitter would work with an HDTV
and got a response back saying it would not and that a Cox tech should come out and install the RF cable. I'm assuming they want me to rent a seperate box just for the HDTV and have another box for the other TVs and the internet.

This is my set-up 1 HDTV, 3 regular TVs, 2 other rooms wired for TV, 1 Modem for 2 computers. So I bought an Electroline EDA2800 amplifier/8-way splitter. Is this the right product for the above set-up? I noticed that Electroline has a similar item EDA-UG2802. I don't understand the difference (electronically) between the two.

Also the instructions that came with the EDA2800 stated that I should not have the modem come off the EDA2800 but have another splitter before the 8-way, one line feeding the 8-way the other going to the modem.

This is all Greek to me but I am more that capable enough to string some RF cable and crimp a few connectors.

Ken

Repair man
Enthusiast

Mar 9, 2009, 1:35 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1138 views)
Shortcut
Re: [riken] Splitter Questions [In reply to] Can't Post

If I were you I would try the splitter/amplifier. Do like they said, split the incoming cable, 1 to the modem the other to the 8-way; you have nothing to lose by experimenting -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)