Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Toshiba 50HDX82 green scrn

Jimnaim
New User

Mar 10, 2006, 10:19 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1858 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 50HDX82 green scrn Can't Post

I'll take any help I can get. I know almost nothing (esp the technical tv repair jargon) but I can describe the issue and hope help comes. My 4 year old 50HDX82 Toshiba suddenly lost the green in the color. The set has a "touch focus" button which sort of resets the blue, red and green, and the proocess begins with the green cross on the screen doing its thing. I noticed that the green was extremely dim compared to the blue and red, and at the end of the process, I got a "touch focus error" message. I pulled the front cover to access manual tint control knobs. I must have bumped something and the green sort of over powered the blue and red lamps and the screen turned completely green. Sound is ok. Turning off the set and back on, the picture resumed, pretty good picture, except the color is off due to missing the green. The slightest bump would kick it back to complete green. I adjusted the manual knob for green to the minimum setting and now I get a continuous blue red picture. Is this something a capable total novice can fix, recommend a repair guy visit, chalk it up and toss the set???

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)