Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
Viera Plasma or Sharp LCD, 42", recommend?

fcweissbach
New User

Sep 3, 2008, 5:53 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1419 views)
Shortcut
Viera Plasma or Sharp LCD, 42", recommend? Can't Post

I've narrowed my searching to 2 TVs finally, and they are:
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
42" Plasma
http://www.amazon.com/...220420324&sr=1-1

and the

Sharp Aquos LC42D64U
42" LCD
http://www.amazon.com/...220420374&sr=1-5

PROs:

The plasma has great video speed, incredible darks, very durable, and not so reflective compared to other plasmas.

The LCD has a pretty fast response time, brighter and more vivid colors, closer true colors, lots of image tuning, less power usage, and lighter. Sharp is also an extremely reputable company known for their fast and friendly customer service and repair/replace plans. LCD also has some better reviews albeit the LCD set is relatively older than the plasma. Also, better for basic cable.

CONS:

If a plasma breaks, thats it. Video noise and artifacts are not uncommon, even with incredible contrast and great black levels, the darks on movies still seem to "creep,"

LCD is not fun with dead pixels, slightly more expensive, not as dark blacks, ghosting due to response time, not the best for movies/fast sports.

I've been reading reviews, and both sets have very high ratings. In fact, each set has better reviews on different sites I've come across. I will watch everything from basic cable to HD Discovery and from DVD to Blu-Ray, and sports to video games, so I don't really have a specific taste.

Any help would be useful :)

advtechservice
New User

Sep 8, 2008, 3:48 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fcweissbach] Viera Plasma or Sharp LCD, 42", recommend? [In reply to] Can't Post

Check out www.advtechservices.net I would personally look at the kuro pioneer by far best plasma out

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 20, 2008, 9:46 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1381 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fcweissbach] Viera Plasma or Sharp LCD, 42", recommend? [In reply to] Can't Post

Enough of the comparison, take the LCD.

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)