Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
What To Look For When Buying A New HDTV?

dankup
New User

Jul 26, 2009, 10:08 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2147 views)
Shortcut
What To Look For When Buying A New HDTV? Can't Post

Hello. I can't decide what's more important in a new LCD HDTV. I can get a new TV with 4 millisecond response time and with a Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 10000:1 OR I can get one with 6 millisecond response time and a Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 70000:1. My question is what's better, Dynamic Contrast Ratio or Response Time. And will I see a difference in 2 milliseconds? I don't think I will but then will I see a difference between Dynamic Contrast Ratios? Thank - you.

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 4, 2009, 4:23 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dankup] What To Look For When Buying A New HDTV? [In reply to] Can't Post

Your options available out there are even better specifications compare to mine back home. That doesn't mean I am missing a lot watching by my 2000:1 ratios towards the highest numbers posseses a TV with outstanding spec.available today. A TV equipped with those ratios are'nt always mean the way you looking at everytime you watch movies or broadcasting. There are nearly half of those ratios being recorded in and sold to the public that currently only by imagination allows if we continue to sink in globally. Although high-def equipments are achieved, it takes a lot of spacious gigs to store an image. to portray up to 2 billion contrast... it's possible and imaginary, moneywise will sink a tv station to bankrupctcy...........to your questions: contrast ratio and response time will make a good monitor. it has nothing to do any difference for being DYNAMIC.

denonjapan
made in japan

thetechmagnet
New User

Dec 1, 2010, 7:27 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] What To Look For When Buying A New HDTV? [In reply to] Can't Post

Picture Quality - read plenty of reviews and compare models online. Don't pay attention to just contrast ratios. Just because a television is said to have a high contrast ratio doesn't mean that it would automatically result in good picture. Go to stores and see for yourself.

Quantity of HDMI Inputs - they are important in less you have a receiver that has plenty HDMI inputs... in that case make sure the HDTV has at least one.

Refresh Rate - Plasma is almost instant, so it is around 0ms. LCDs are usually 8ms - this can cause blur in action scenes.

Black Level - how dark are the blacks? Also, keep in mind the white levels... LCDs are better at whites and plasmas are better at blacks.

Quality - is the company known for well made, reputable televisions?

Sound - If applicable, does the speakers on the TV sound decent?
electronic gadgets
future technology

oppo bdp-80

andre77
New User

Jan 8, 2011, 11:31 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dankup] What To Look For When Buying A New HDTV? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes the response time (I assume you mean the hz) is really not a huge deal if its over 60 hz. Anything under that may lag when showing motion.

So you would defeintly want to buy the TV with the better contraast ratio, because that holds more weight as to rather the color/picture is good or not.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking to Buy TV like 3d tvs? Than visit Plasma God now for the best lcd tv. We beat the competition 9/10 times!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)