Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
help - plugging Samsung HDTV Sat. reciever into Comp. Monitor?????

voltagefreak
New User

Feb 25, 2007, 9:29 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1401 views)
Shortcut
help - plugging Samsung HDTV Sat. reciever into Comp. Monitor????? Can't Post

ok, i have been given a free HDTV Sat. Reciever made by Samsung. I setup the sattilite feed, another ant., and got the SD picture on an old CRT TV to test. THEN I tried to pplug it into a computer monitor using the RGB port on the back (VGA style Connector). and I get the message "cannot display this video mode"...can some1 help me please??? :- (

denonjapan
Veteran

Apr 16, 2007, 11:48 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [voltagefreak] help - plugging Samsung HDTV Sat. reciever into Comp. Monitor????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Samsung hd tuner? check the selector hdmi / ED signal and the Resolutions settings, all can be found at the back of the receiver. There are 3 things you should be aware. Not bec. you are looking a VGA input doesn't necessarily mean it has appropriate Pins count ( cable used ) towards the VGA input to your computer monitor (vice versa) Lower or higher the resolutions of your monitor depending on your settings from the HD receiver. if totally not working any of these procedures is up to the monitor supporting or not supporting progressive/interlace scanning signals brought by the HD receiver.
denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)