Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
mitsubishi WS55411 medallion 55"

elissa04
New User

May 19, 2007, 10:17 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1476 views)
Shortcut
mitsubishi WS55411 medallion 55" Can't Post

Lately after my tv has been on for awhile the screen is turning blue and pink so I think maybe the green lense maybe going.If I move the tv the color comes back to normal again. We live 60 miles from Spokane,Wa. and I was wondering if this is something my husband can repair with new lenses mailed out to us from either mitsubishi or a repair shop in Spokane,Wa.
The tv has been sitting unpluggedg for 7 months while we were at our winter home in Arizona,I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
We had this problem with our first rear projection, a cheaper Zenith but it was still under warranty and we lived closer to the city then.I realize these lenses don't last forever and the tv is a 2002 model.Is this normal for a rear projection of only five years old to start having to replace lenses?
Elissa04

techchris
Veteran

May 20, 2007, 9:01 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1468 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elissa04] mitsubishi WS55411 medallion 55" [In reply to] Can't Post

if the green comes back when you move the tv you have a loose connection somewhere probably on the green tube base panel.unplug the set and take the base off the tube and check for bad solder joints or just resolder all the connections at the same time.you could also try prodding around with an insulated plastic stick when the tv is on to see if you can make the fault come and go.this will indicate what area to look for bad joints.good luck

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)