Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
need help hd locals

mute
New User

Feb 3, 2008, 8:55 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1513 views)
Shortcut
need help hd locals Can't Post

hello, I JUST SWITCHED TO DIRECT FROM DISH, WITH DISH TO GET LOCALS HAVE AN EXTRA HDTV ANTENNA, AND I COULD GET FOX, ECT, HAVE HD EVERTHING,5LBN, TV,REC.. CAN NOT GET FOX HD. WITH DISH I PLUGGED IT INTO THE BOX AND THE LOCAL HD CHANNELS WOULD BE ON THE GUIDE, WITH DIRECT TV NOTHING. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!!

mute
New User

Feb 3, 2008, 9:21 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1509 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mute] need help hd locals [In reply to] Can't Post

I FOUND SOME HD, AUTO PROGRAM MY T.V CHANNELS UNDER ANNTENA, THEY ARE NOT ON THE GUIDE LIKE DISH, SO FAR DISH IS BETTER FOR HD.

TANK1
Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2008, 9:46 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1496 views)
Shortcut

What is your zip code ?

Are you trying to get local HD channels with a tv antenna or HD channels from Directv ?

What is the model of sat receiver do you have ?

mute
New User

Feb 4, 2008, 10:33 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TANK1] need help hd locals [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello tank, zip is 02915, providence, i have only 2 local on the direct tv. guide..i have an hd anntena with rabbit ears. not doing a thing, i got the super bowl, through my t.v, my father in law could not get any h.d locals on his tv, do the t.v`s have built in anntenna? his tv ofline only got one channel, non hd. would hd antenna help him. how does it work with direct tv. thanks alot.

i have h20, father in laws had hddrv.

(This post was edited by mute on Feb 4, 2008, 11:20 PM)

TANK1
Enthusiast

Feb 5, 2008, 1:16 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1488 views)
Shortcut

Right now Directv only offers ABC and NBC in hd for Providence RI-New Bedford MA 02915.

Here are the channels for your zip code -
ABC WLNE 6 HD-6, NBC WJAR 10 HD- 10,CBS WPRI 12 ,CW WLWC 28 ,PBS WSBE 36 ,PBS WEDN 53 and FOX WNAC 64

http://www.directv.com/...p?_requestid=1011023

http://www.directv.com/...p;_requestid=1015844

When using a over the air antenna ( rabbit ears or roof antenna ) you need a over the air tuner built into the HD receiver or HD DVR. I think with digital over the air and hd signals you either get the signal or you don't unlike analog which will give the old fashion snow and ghosts as you adjust the rabbit ears.

The new HR21 HD DVR does NOT have one built in.

DIRECTV® H20 HDTV MPEG4 Receiver -
High-Definition DIRECTV receiver — receives and decodes digital standard-definition and HDTV signals from DIRECTV satellite broadcasts and local over-the-air broadcasts (antenna required)
built-in ATSC tuner receives over-the-air digital broadcasts (antenna required)

http://www.sadoun.com/...-Hi-Def-receiver.htm

Some Hd sets do have the tuner built into them - check your owner's guide.

(This post was edited by TANK1 on Feb 5, 2008, 1:21 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)