Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
new HD connections with Direct TV

j campbell
New User

Dec 30, 2009, 2:34 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1084 views)
Shortcut
new HD connections with Direct TV Can't Post

Hello, I’m new to this forum and I have a question about the new Direct TV Satellite HD connections, HDMI. My old system consists of hooking coax using 2 SAT receivers (main room & bedroom) and I receive SAT transmissions to various rooms in the house and outside using splitters and ABC switches. Using ABC switches I can have 2 different signals in the same room coming from 2 different SAT receivers.

My problem is the new HD connections. Yesterday I had Direct TV install a new HD Dish and Receiver in the main room because I now have a new HD TV. . The new receiver has only HDMI and RCA outputs and I cannot connect to coax so I can operate the TV signals as they once were around the house. It seems I can watch the DVD around the house like before but I get no TV signal. The DVD is hooked-up by HDMI at the TV set and also hooked up to coax that runs to other locations in the house and outside. The DVD player has it’s own tuner.

Can someone help me restore my old system using coax to the other different locations in my house without having a different receiver to each TV (good luck with a weather proof outside unit), rewiring the whole house with 5 wire( HDMI ) or going back to my old SAT hook-ups that worked perfectly except for HD?

Thank you.

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 30, 2009, 3:47 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1082 views)
Shortcut
Re: [j campbell] new HD connections with Direct TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like HD Dish and Receiver NOT compatible with that setup.Mad
If HD receiver cannot put out on coax you could try an RF Modulator. It takes RCA (Left, Right, Video), which you say it does have, and outputs them on Channel 3 (or 4).Wink
RCA output is Not HD?Wink

-------------------------

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 1, 2010, 6:29 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [j campbell] new HD connections with Direct TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Nobody can teach anybody anything, WE CAN ONLY HELP THEM THINK".
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)