Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
optical digital and rca

hotrod351
New User

Jun 7, 2007, 2:42 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1976 views)
Shortcut
optical digital and rca Can't Post

i have both rca and digital audio outputs on my hdtv and the same inputs on my stereo reciever. im woundering what is going to happen if i run both the rca and digital optical outputs to the inputs on my reciever. if i only use the digital output connection to my revciever will i only get sound when the program is in digital. can i use both connections and get the digital signal when its broadcast and otherwise it will go through the rca cables.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 7, 2007, 3:03 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1973 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hotrod351] optical digital and rca [In reply to] Can't Post

I know exactly what you're imagining. however when you connect 2 signal at one time. Your digital signal is always your priority in use regardless of the broadcasting signal. Some signal maybe in analog sound but the signal running is digital. It won't alter to the RCA cable.

denonjapan
made in japan

hotrod351
New User

Jun 7, 2007, 3:34 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1972 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] optical digital and rca [In reply to] Can't Post

so if i decide to just use the digital optical cable and remove the rca jacks ill still get sound even if its not being broadcast in digital optical. in other words i wont need the rca jacks.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 7, 2007, 12:56 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1968 views)
Shortcut

Yes.

denonjapan
made in japan

hotrod351
New User

Jun 11, 2007, 9:43 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1892 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] optical digital and rca [In reply to] Can't Post

well i finally got my digital optical cable and hooked it up to my samsung 32 lcdtv, no sound at all. works fine from the rca jacks but nothing from the optical cable. i finally hooked it to the back of my hd cable box and got sound. i picked a program that was in dolby digital and listened to it, then switch my stereo back to rca cable and didnt notice any difference. i get good surround sound through the rca jacks, not any difference through the optical cable. i did notice i had to turn the volume up when switched to the optical cable. i cant figure it out, my tv has a optical digital audio out, but nothing. i am using a hdmi cable from the tcv to the sattelite box. i thought i could hook the optical cable up along with the rca jacks and when a program was in digital i would recieve it.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 12, 2007, 3:29 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1884 views)
Shortcut

Hold on!, Reading your question made me think, I had a drink....I have no idea which one concerns you. Can you write without redundancy please?

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)