Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
panasonic problems

goody1970
New User

Jan 10, 2009, 11:58 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2017 views)
Shortcut
panasonic problems Can't Post

I first sent a post about a year ago. Purchased a Panny TH-50PZ77U plasma. Had some image retention issues. Proceeded to go through the entire year with repairs, all sorts of boards and even a new panel. The problems persisted even with the new panel. The Panasonic service rep decided to replace it this winter with a "comparable" model the TH-50PZ80U. Guess what? Same image retention problems. We get ghosting and images staying on the screen for extended periods of time when we switch to different channels. The images are even there with a dvd on? They only appear with light colored screens, white/lt gray etc. I'm talking a station id sign in the right corner of my daughter's tv show that she watched for 30 mins. takes a day and a half to go away?
I'm wondering if there is something I am doing wrong with my hook up? I have evrything (TV, PS3, Direct TV DVR, Stereo receiver, all plugged into a "monster" power strip. The kind that monitors the wattage? It's crazy that we have the same problem with 2 different model tv's? Thanks for any help.

techman540
User

Jan 19, 2009, 5:23 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1995 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goody1970] panasonic problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Typically image retention is really faint. I see it happen on mine something when it powers off. I might see a logo in the corner at this point. Some of these TV's have the ability to reset the screen. I know Pioneer and the elites have this feature. I was wondering if your model has this feature?

Motosat dealer
RV Internet

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)