Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
philips model 55pp9363h/17 convergence

Biggins
New User

Apr 5, 2009, 2:47 AM

Post #1 of 14 (5833 views)
Shortcut
philips model 55pp9363h/17 convergence Can't Post

I know the problem to my tv is they need the ic's to be replaced but I do not know what the number is for them

philips model 55pp9363h/17
chassis dptv335

can any one help?

just to be posistive the problem is the blue convergence cannot be adjusted in bottom left and top right. just starting to do basically noticed over night..

I am correct on what need to be replaced correct?

rustym62
New User

Apr 5, 2009, 8:16 PM

Post #2 of 14 (5829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Biggins] philips model 55pp9363h/17 convergence [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,
The ICs you refer to are called STKs and that part number will be on the chips themselves example (stk392-150) in case no one gives you specific part # you can probably use whats on the chips in a pinch. Also on these sets when blue has a problem sometimes large wattage resistors may have opened as well around the STKs.Sometimes its obvious sometimes not. You can always ohm them out ..may need to clip one side of lead to take it out of circuit as they are in parallel I believe. You might try manual convergence first and see if you lost horizontal or vertical control on blue, there are 2 resistors for each control,sorry I can't remember location at the moment I think they are 6.8 ohm 1 watt.
Rusty

http://www.the-tv-dude.blogspot.com

Biggins
New User

Apr 5, 2009, 8:42 PM

Post #3 of 14 (5822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rustym62] philips model 55pp9363h/17 convergence [In reply to] Can't Post

I have found out the right ic's but since it is only a little out of whack in a few areas and not even that bad it may just be the resistors and since it is a problem with the vertical on the blue. I have ordered all parts including the ic's so i am probably going to change them all just ot be sure. also need to change the crt coolant so might as well do it all at one time. any advice would help

rustym62
New User

Apr 5, 2009, 9:47 PM

Post #4 of 14 (5821 views)
Shortcut

Sure,
well you can try the stks 1st and resistors if you know which they are usually the resistors burn for a reason (the stks).You could get lucky and it be only the stks you could put them in and test it before you commit to putting everything completely back together (that would suck if it needed more work). Ironically I just added to a thread in "Big Screen TV" on crt fluid change. You may want to read that to see if you still want to tackle it. Good luck!
Rusty

rustym62
New User

Apr 5, 2009, 9:49 PM

Post #5 of 14 (5820 views)
Shortcut

sorry that was projection tv where the crt fluid update thread is. my eyes are crossing lol
Rusty

Biggins
New User

Apr 6, 2009, 2:00 AM

Post #6 of 14 (5815 views)
Shortcut

I was not even sure I was going to try change coolant until I saw that thread and read it all. it does seem tricky but I figured if I am going to tear it a little bit apart why not do it all. is it really that hard to set the convergence back? is there a way other then in the menus to set the convergence or is that in a service menu? I do not have my service manual as of yet should recieve it in a couple days. either way I already ordered the coolant and all the other parts. still cheaper then either buying new or having a repair man come since I live in the middle of nowhere.

rustym62
New User

Apr 6, 2009, 11:38 PM

Post #7 of 14 (5810 views)
Shortcut

No problem..its not too hard I believe hitting 062597 on remote will get you in convergence menu, since you're doing STKs too you might as well go in there to touch up and get practice.Once you're happy with it don't forget to save.. that option is listed. The TV will default to ch3 when you go into service menu make sure the volume is down, having some RF on that channel will be good.

The STKs can be a little tricky to insert because there are 18 long flimsy pins,hopefully they packed them right so they aren't mangled.That makes it a real pain.Have a pair of thin needle nose pliers to guide the stragglers. Good luck!
Rusty

Biggins
New User

Apr 6, 2009, 11:54 PM

Post #8 of 14 (5808 views)
Shortcut

I know how to get to convergence menu through regular menus.... is that different? I tried the code you gave me and it just changes the channels as I press them.. any other advice? I should have my service manual by end of the week so maybe that will help alot.

rustym62
New User

Apr 7, 2009, 10:40 PM

Post #9 of 14 (5806 views)
Shortcut

oh yeah I forgot you have to hit menu or status after you punch in code
Rusty

Biggins
New User

Apr 17, 2009, 4:42 AM

Post #10 of 14 (5792 views)
Shortcut

new problem.. I changed the ic's and all 12 of the resistors... before the blue was just off a little. now the red is way off!.. I went into the service menu and the red is a little bowed top middle and bottom middle. also maybe this is because of the convergence but it has a red hue now? &lt;br&gt; &lt;br&gt;any idead what would cause this? also I am pretty sure this don't matter but.. did the stripes on the resistors have to all go a certain way? &lt;br&gt; <br> <br>the more I look it over it may not be the convergence... on the service menu i can match everything up... but the screen is really red!. like I said a little bowing of red top middle and bottom middle. I also changed the crt coolant.. could I have done something there? is that why it is so red!!... HELP!! <br>

P.S. The multipoint through regular menu works fine red can move both up and down as well as left and right.. makes me think not convergence related?

(This post was edited by Biggins on Apr 17, 2009, 5:23 AM)

rustym62
New User

Apr 17, 2009, 11:49 PM

Post #11 of 14 (5773 views)
Shortcut

Wow, there's a lot going on there.Let's see, Nope, doesn't matter which way the resistors go.Make sure you used the same values and do you know if they were the same tolerances? In other words replace a 5% with a 5% and not a 20%. Those circuits can be thrown off with just a few ohms out of spec.Check the STKs to make sure you don't have any solder bridges(tiny bits of solder shorting between pins,. I take a small thin bladed flat head screwdriver and gently scrape between all the pins.Only takes 1 solder bridge to mess things up. Did you change fluid in red crt? Or it just got red after changing the other 2? Did you adjust the high voltage block? There is a control for focus and screen voltage for each tube it will have 6 little knobs. top controls are focus and bottom for screen voltage.You can look at the tubes and make sure there is video in each.You can try turning down red (turn left for less voltage,right for more. be careful to turn it a hair at a time, too little or too much voltage will cause TV to shut down.Let me know what you find and I'll write you back
Rusty

Biggins
New User

Apr 18, 2009, 12:18 AM

Post #12 of 14 (5771 views)
Shortcut

thanks for the reply.... checked all solder joints and was all ok. ended up adjusting the voltage of crt's. it was hard to do convergence before with it so bright. got that set and looks great. I ended up putting a grayscale picture through my xbox to see it and adjust it. then from there checking all other connections. the only thing I see weird is when I adjust my xbox to 1080p it shows like the convergence is off. but under 480 it is fine.. I can live with that.

thanks for the response

rustym62
New User

Apr 18, 2009, 1:40 AM

Post #13 of 14 (5770 views)
Shortcut

excellent,glad I could help. take it easy.
Rusty

Typezer0
New User

Jun 28, 2009, 5:20 PM

Post #14 of 14 (5618 views)
Shortcut
CRT coolant change and advanced convergence - how to: [In reply to] Can't Post

CRT coolant change and advanced convergence - how to

I documented the procedure I did on a Philips 55" rear projection 55p916

http://tinyurl.com/lmp6eu
CRT coolant change procedure

http://tinyurl.com/l7bd7r
basic and advanced convergence
[image]

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)