Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: HD TV Forum:
seiki se65gy25 grey screen

freediver
New User

Mar 8, 2016, 7:00 PM

Post #1 of 1 (2476 views)
Shortcut
seiki se65gy25 grey screen Can't Post

I have a Seiki se65gy25 LED, the issue started when the picture went out. The screen was grey but still had sound. After some research I replaced the TCON board but this did not fix the issue, though it did change the color of the grey I was seeing. The next board I replaced was the main board and that solved the issue completely for about two weeks.

I saw the grey screen again upon start up one morning. Sometimes if I turn the tv off and on again it will work but picture was not quite normal until it ran for a while. Now it is getting worse to the point where I have to let the TV run for 10 min with grey screen, turn it off and on, then it will work.

Is there anything besides the TCON or Main board that would be causing this issue? I am thinking it is a connection that needs to be heated up before it conducts. I have seen something similar in a lap top I once owned. I saw a youtube video of someone using an arisol can of somesort to re-seal connections? The other two boards in the TV that I have not replaced yet I can get very cheap online but I don't want to put anymore money into it until I asked around first.

Any help is greatly appreciated. The TV is only two years old and I hate to see it go to waste so quickly. Thank You.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)