Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
AUD_PROT - Audio Protector Blink Code - Sony KDL40V3000 - Standby Light 8 Flashes

usedpartsnmore
New User

Sep 12, 2011, 10:22 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3239 views)
Shortcut
AUD_PROT - Audio Protector Blink Code - Sony KDL40V3000 - Standby Light 8 Flashes Can't Post

Hi, I'm very new at TV repair and have many things to learn. I don't like to ask questions on forums until I have exhausted all other options. That is what brings me here. Thank you for any help in advance!

I have a Sony LCD TV - Sony KDL-40V3000. It powers on and the green power light comes on. The standby light comes on and flashes 8 times. I have the service manual for this TV and it says the problem is the AUD_PROT - Audio Protector. I have replaced two circuit boards already to no avail.

The circuit boards that have been replaced are the power board (1-873-813-14) and the board with the HDMI ports (1-873-850-13).

I am having trouble finding what or where the Audio Protector is.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank You!

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 12, 2011, 11:14 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3236 views)
Shortcut
Re: [usedpartsnmore] AUD_PROT - Audio Protector Blink Code - Sony KDL40V3000 - Standby Light 8 Flashes [In reply to] Can't Post

Follow the speaker wires.

-------------------------

usedpartsnmore
New User

Sep 17, 2011, 5:23 AM

Post #3 of 3 (3216 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] AUD_PROT - Audio Protector Blink Code - Sony KDL40V3000 - Standby Light 8 Flashes [In reply to] Can't Post

I was hoping that there was something I could replace on that board but I found it used for a very reasonable price and bought one.

I replaced this board - 1-873-856-11, it is the bottom right board with all of the audio outputs.

Now the TV flashes the standby light 5 times. The service manual says T-Con Error.

Does the T-Con board need to be replaced now?

If it does need replacement, will I most likely have another issue or could that be it?

BTW the TV is in excellent shape and condition. Looks almost new aside from a bit of dust. No nicks, scratches, dents or scuffs. =]

Please help my hair from falling completely out guys! =D

Thanks !!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)