Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Emerson 32" lcd tv model # LC320EMXF

Workaholic
New User

Aug 31, 2012, 2:17 AM

Post #1 of 1 (2075 views)
Shortcut
Emerson 32" lcd tv model # LC320EMXF Can't Post

Hello guys. Good to be part of this forum.

I have the above mentioned TV, it is a 2009 model bought in 2009. Two days ago wife turned it off while I was sleeping and then it never came back on. The light was not in stand by mode just simply dead.

I pulled the cover off thinking maybe the board needed to be replaced but thought maybe a fuse had blown. With this assumption I was correct so I went to Radio Shack and bought a pack of fuses and when I put them in they just kept popping instantly.

So I ask you pros and other knowledgeable folks what is the problem here? What is causing the fuse to pop? I flipped the board over looking for burnt spots on the board and the only ones I saw were where the power plug comes attaches to the board, or at least that is what I thought I saw. I have some pics so you can give me opinions and hopefully some suggestions on the remedy to this. I was thinking maybe a new plug needs to be soldered on but I am no expert which is why I came to this forum.

Any info would be appreciated and I am but a layman so please speak simply. Thanks.

Actually I am not sure how to post a pic to this forum
, not sure if I am not seeing it or if I lack the post count.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)