Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
HDMI and Component cable hook up issue

MrGelowe
New User

Dec 13, 2011, 7:38 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1217 views)
Shortcut
HDMI and Component cable hook up issue Can't Post

I have to use component cable to hook up my cable box to the tv and I also use HDMI cable to connect my ps3 to the tv and mini HDMI to connect my desktop to the tv. Recently I got a pvr and read in the booklet that I should not have component and HDMI cables connected to the tv at the same time. I did not pay much attention until I noticed light purple lines moving through the tv screen. When I disconnected the HDMI cables, picture went back to normal.

The thing is, previously I was using 3 port 2 cables (yellow, red, white and red, blue and green) + HDMI (ps3) + mini HDMI (pc) and the lines would not show up. But when I tried 5 port component cable + HDMI cables, I got the lines. So I went back to using 3 port 2 cables for the tv. But recently, sometimes I get those lines on the tv even when I use 3 port 2 cables. So now most of the time I disconnect the HDMI cables.

So what I am getting at, what is going on? Why is it happening? Is it a common thing? Is there a fix? ( I just can't seem to find any info on this. All I find is component vs hdmi comparison.)

BTW the tv I have is Toshiba 37E200U 37in 1080p 60Hz 4xHDMI LCD HDTV

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)