Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Help With Toshiba LCD Regza

Hitman39
New User

Mar 19, 2007, 3:57 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1750 views)
Shortcut
Help With Toshiba LCD Regza Can't Post

Hi. I just got the 32" Toshiba Regza LCD / DVD Player Combo. I have no idea how to increase the image quality. The regular video1/video2 inputs display at 480i. But, the back of the tv has some sort of HDMI outlet. The reason I'm trying to increase the image quality to say, perhaps, 720p or 1080i (I've looked it up, I think it supports these formats), is for my ps2. The 480i quality displays my ps2's images as jagged and edgy, although the colors are nice. Is there some sort of trick to increasing my image quality to true HD format rather than play at the lowest of standars? Somewhere in the menu? Or mayabe the plugged into the wrong inputs?

denonjapan
Veteran

Apr 5, 2007, 3:55 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hitman39] Help With Toshiba LCD Regza [In reply to] Can't Post

In what source are you implying in increasing a video performance? Tuner? dvd section? I looked over the specification of the REGZA and I don't agree with idea of increasing it's image resolution when the input materials are not met into the display....Are you using the COMPONENT cable from your PS2? did you set the playstation to progressive mode? Your playstation is the BEST out source DVD player than any, I mean ANY, dvd player around. You should be ok.

denonjapan
made in japan

MOtvGuy
User

Apr 21, 2007, 2:07 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Help With Toshiba LCD Regza [In reply to] Can't Post

Read the instruction manual that came with the unit.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)