Help with LG LED parts search

bjlasota
New User

Jun 16, 2016, 11:58 AM

Post #1 of 2 (5901 views)
Shortcut
Help with LG LED parts search Can't Post

Good morning,

I am having the hardest time finding a part for my LG tv, and wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. About 1.5 years ago, my LG tv went dark. The tv was just 20 days past it’s warranty and I’ve already been in 20 circles with LG and they will not help out. I’m an avid DIYer, mostly mechanical, but tackle the electrical issues when I feel gutsy. I stripped the tv all the way down to even separating the panel. I found that the lower left LED strip had a bad diode. These diodes have to be installed by a robot because there’s no way I’m getting a solder iron in there. The TV is an LG 32LE5300-UC.CUSDLH. The panel is an AUO T315HW04. I’ve noticed a lot of similar items on ebay over the year that include the full mounting bracket. If that’s the case, I’m looking for part number 73.31T12.001-2-SK1 or 100812 which is also stamped on the strip. There’s also a couple numbers on the LED board when removed. Those are TT31T12001QXZ71XA07R0466 and 31T12-016 or 018. The LED strip has 36 LED’s across the strip, and number 16 is the bad diode. I have searched US Ebay, a few other countries ebays, multiple USA parts suppliers including shopjimmy, sears, etc. I can find plenty of boards, cables, screws for this tv. But it doesn’t seem anyone ever sells any of the panel’s guts. I don’t want to throw out a $750 tv for a $20 part, which is why I’ve stuck with this over a year. Does anyone have access to a store that I’m not aware of that may sell this part? Thanks in advance for the help.

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 16, 2016, 5:21 PM

Post #2 of 2 (5890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bjlasota] Help with LG LED parts search [In reply to] Can't Post

Junk LED backlit sets from curb on garbage day (If town allows). Craigslist. Can also try a Recycling depot. The closer the brand/vintage the better, screen size of little matter. These will yield used LEDs that more closely 'match' the hours of use, as opposed to 'new' ones. LED Size, shape, temperature of light produced, etc. may also effect suitability.

Speaking of 'new' ones ... try
Digi-key or Mouser

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)