Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
LCD Problem Please Help

midjam
New User

Oct 13, 2007, 1:48 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2092 views)
Shortcut
LCD Problem Please Help Can't Post

Hi guys i`m hoping you can help me with this.
I have a Vistron LCD tv that has some strange colour problems they seem to jump around the screen.
So I did a google search to see if anyone else has had the same problem and found this on you tube :
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UBEN4ijMWBM
Its exactly the same problem i`m having and someone wrote this as a comment:

"That is weird. I don't know why an lcd would do that unless the signal board is messed up. But I didn't think that it could just swap back and forth in that case. There may be a component that is loose or has a bad connection at the solder joint. See if, while it is doing that, giving the tv casing a good tap or smack effects it."

So gave the screen a little tap and it returned to normal, but every now and then it would come back so just a little tap would return it to normal again untill today when a little tap stopped working.

I took off the back and had a nose around to see if any of the plugs where loose but theres nothing odvious.

Could anyone here tell me where to and what to look for?

I could add a photo if that would help.
Thanks in advance

techchris
Veteran

Oct 13, 2007, 2:46 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [midjam] LCD Problem Please Help [In reply to] Can't Post

looks like a solarized picture.check the connections on the scaler/video processor board. if you cant see anything prod around with an insulated plastic stick to try to reproduce the fault and tie it down to a certain area of the tv.its a loose connection somewhere if you can whack the tv and clear the fault

midjam
New User

Oct 13, 2007, 2:52 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2086 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] LCD Problem Please Help [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks techchris for your fast reply.
Could you give me some tips on finding the scaler/video processor board.?

techchris
Veteran

Oct 13, 2007, 6:11 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2081 views)
Shortcut
Re: [midjam] LCD Problem Please Help [In reply to] Can't Post

usually the board which has a multipin lead going to the screen. it may be under another board or back to back with another as these flat panel tv's dont have easy access to panels like crt sets did.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)