Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
LCD Recommendations

yozz
New User

Oct 9, 2006, 2:34 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2138 views)
Shortcut
LCD Recommendations Can't Post

Hi all, this is my first post here. Ive decided to buy a lcd tv for my xbox 360 and was wondering if there was any which stand out from others in respect of features or picture quality.

I really like the look of the Samsungs, the new white ones look great but from wot i can see you cant get it in 26" in UK.

Can someone please recommend me a good 26 inch tv? must be HD ready.

Thanks in advance.

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 13, 2006, 3:26 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2114 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yozz] LCD Recommendations [In reply to] Can't Post

There are couples i had in mind in the area of LCD's, Im not sure if you heard about it but it's spreading around now. unfortunately, SAMSUNG isn't one of them. There are 3 manufacturers, one from the U.S. / It is from different method from outer layer of the screen which is called OPTICLEAR, originally from NEC TECHNOLOGY. The added cost stems from additional material (specially treated glass) and labor. Because of the bonding technologies involved, the yield of properly bonded CRTs is reduced. Bonded panel operations increase labor, components, scrap, and production time and lead time difference by two.....
These additional expenses of the bonded panel result in dramatic increases in the price of large-screen monitors in the neighborhood of $250 to $350 in U.S. equals to U.K. more than an equivalent monitor without a bonded panel. For this reason, many companies offer two monitors: a bonded panel monitor and a regularly-priced monitor without the bonded panel.The OptiClear screen surface is a revolutionary, engineering breakthrough that actually absorbs a portion of the light hitting the screen while allowing the screen image to be displayed without distortion.
Anyhow, NEC monitors specialized this method and is expensive with the ideal size 26' . In U.S. APPLE monitors are also equipped with this technology. Sony are mainly using it in their LAPTOPS offerings. do not focus on their prices, we only LIVE ONCE! have fun!..

denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Oct 13, 2006, 3:37 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)