Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Manavox LCD picture problems

flee
New User

May 21, 2007, 11:10 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2029 views)
Shortcut
Manavox LCD picture problems Can't Post

My Magnavox 32" 32MF231D_37 has picture problems after 45 minutes to 1 hour of viewing. The horizontal lines can be provoked at any time by adjust the volume. The horizontal lines appear without provocation after 45 minutes or more of viewing. If I turn the TV off for 30 minutes or more it usually starts out with a clean slate and looks fine. But sometimes the picture is blurry or rippled.

Another point....when cycling through the inputs the view looks horrible. It hard to even determine what input you are on.

This all began after purchasing my first S-video cable. Does it have anything to do with the problem? I don't know. I have tried the TV with standard audio video cables and re-applied the S-video cable with the same results. I have also removed all peripherals from the TV and checked connections from the reciever to the TV with the same syptoms.

I don't believe it is a cable or connection problem because the symptoms are the same weather cable, VCR, or DVD.

The TV is just over 1 year old. If you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer them

Ryan

techchris
Veteran

May 22, 2007, 6:53 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flee] Manavox LCD picture problems [In reply to] Can't Post

can you post a picture of the fault?

flee
New User

May 22, 2007, 7:24 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Manavox LCD picture problems [In reply to] Can't Post

will do. Give me some time.

flee
New User

May 23, 2007, 3:46 AM

Post #4 of 6 (2018 views)
Shortcut

Here are a couple of pictures. Hope you can help.

techchris
Veteran

May 23, 2007, 6:46 AM

Post #5 of 6 (2015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flee] Manavox LCD picture problems [In reply to] Can't Post

this looks like it may be in the digital video processor As it may be heat related because its ok when the tv is cold, a can of electronic freezer spray may help track down the faulty component by spraying components till the fault goes.its a slow and methodical approach worth trying first but you may well have to replace the whole pcb if individual components are not available.

MOtvGuy
User

May 24, 2007, 11:46 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2007 views)
Shortcut

That's a bad scaler board causing the problem. Pretty common with that model.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)