Neon 32" LCD C3298F No Video

ToGGoT
New User

Dec 6, 2011, 12:50 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1804 views)
Shortcut
Neon 32" LCD C3298F No Video Can't Post

Hi guys,

I've just been given a broken Neon C3298F 32" LCD tv by the grandparents, as we are moving into a new house on friday, and we have literally nothing.

I understand its a Samsung LCD panel, then everything else is cheap chinese, rebranded by one of our UK supermarkets, so i'm not expecting wonders from it, but if i can get it working, it'd save me a couple of hundred quid on a new one.

I fix PCs for a living, so im not scared of taking it to bits (I've already broken it open, and all the caps look ok to visual inspection) - but im not really sure where to go from here.

The symptoms are:

It powers on, and the power LED flashes red 4 or 5 times, then goes solid.
The screen lights up (Still black, but it has obviously powered on), then a few seconds later you get Audio from the DVB, which the grandparents had been using before.

Thats as far as it gets - it reponds to the remote, but i can never get any video out of it, and there is no evident picture/menu on screen.

Any suggestions where to start? There was a spare inverter on Ebay for £7, so i bought that anyway, just in case, but it hasn't turned up yet. Are there any tests i can do to narrow the likely fault down?

Cheers

ToGGoT

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 6, 2011, 3:12 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ToGGoT] Neon 32" LCD C3298F No Video [In reply to] Can't Post

I've just been given a broken Neon C3298F 32" LCD tv by the grandparents, as we are moving into a new house on friday, and we have literally nothing.

I have a dining room set you can have. Of course, you'll have to arrange to transport from Chicago, IL, USA.Wink

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)