Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Polaroid 32" LCD HDTV (FLM-3232) is making a LOUD CRACKLING NOISE

polaroidLM-3232
New User

Mar 17, 2007, 12:01 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1604 views)
Shortcut
Polaroid 32" LCD HDTV (FLM-3232) is making a LOUD CRACKLING NOISE Can't Post

I purchased a Polaroid 32" LCD HDTV (FLM-3232) for my apartment about 8 months ago and ran into my first problem that started about a week ago. It has been randomly making a loud crackling noise along with an annoying beep. It has gotten worse and worse and now, it won't even respond to the remote. I have to unplug it to turn it off.
Does anyone know what the problem could be and advise? Thank you.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 27, 2007, 1:24 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1539 views)
Shortcut
Re: [polaroidLM-3232] Polaroid 32" LCD HDTV (FLM-3232) is making a LOUD CRACKLING NOISE [In reply to] Can't Post

To be honest with you, this is too soon of a brand new lcd to be diagnose or even worth of finding what's going on. It is simply defective unit from the manufacturer. Crackling noise isn't as conclusive to any electronic device as part that requires troubleshooting. Therefore,there's no diagnostic process available to those units. There's no such thing..I would like to reveal some cases in countries where secondary manufacturing facilities are needed like in China, korea, taiwan,Singapore, Philippines and Malaysia . Everyone in the business is aware of this incident however, with all orders demand abroad, when certain volume of units must be provided in due date, is truly on ongoing pressure from production down to packing lines. For instance: U.S. has 10,000 orders to be shipped in 3 months. U.K. has 20,000 units also in demand. Trust me!, when the time comes and manufacturers are short for like 10 or 20 displays within the time frame?. Those defectives from the assembly lines are going to be boxed and mixed 10 or 20 units to complete the entire order. So when unlucky costumer happen to have one of those defective units included along in the 10,000 orders, is simply return for exchange. don't waste your time!

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)