Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Polaroid flm-2601 flashing red then blue light

kylum
New User

Jun 26, 2011, 8:37 PM

Post #1 of 2 (3422 views)
Shortcut
Polaroid flm-2601 flashing red then blue light Can't Post

Hi, I need some help diagnosing this set. I have had repaired sets in the past. Nothing major though. My sons Tv started Flashing red and blue. It also chirps when it doing it. When hitting the power button it wont come on does the same thing. But if you hit the power button fast it will come on and stay on. At that point it works fine. Until you turn it off. It will be fine for about 5 to 10 hrs when off . Then it will start flashing and chirping again. If you unplug for a few hrs it will start flashing and chirping right away.

It appears to be maybe a leaky cap or something in the power supply. Not sure though. I have it apart and i cant seem to pinpoint were the sound is coming from but it does sound like it is
at the power supply. But 100% sure. I cant test caps as of right
now or i would be unsolder and test them.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

Fixed. Bad cap in power supply. Belive it was c929. Not sure if it was that location for sure cause it's back together now. But it was the cap that's spec is at 220uf @ 35v. Tested bad and replaced. Now the sets problem is gone.

(This post was edited by kylum on Jun 28, 2011, 5:59 AM)

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2011, 5:57 AM

Post #2 of 2 (3397 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kylum] Polaroid flm-2601 flashing red then blue light [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for posting your repair! (that's a good one to know)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)