Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Sanyo DP26746 Unusually Hi Voltage (Pwr Board)

StGeorge
New User

Nov 25, 2015, 3:23 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1570 views)
Shortcut
Sanyo DP26746 Unusually Hi Voltage (Pwr Board) Can't Post

This TV was given to me with the symptom that 'after powering up the picture came on after warm-up, then went away with no audio either'. The screen is totally back-lit, so the T-con board is probably good. Driver boards, uncertain.
I was doing a power supply voltage check (component side of board) when my DMM probe accidentally touched across lead 3 & 4 of the tiny (close together) 4-legged diodes of either diode D605 or D606. It was just for a nano second, and the TV went into shutdown. Powered it back up and the TV picture came on perfect, but with very low audio. But now there are 28DC volts everywhere - at the 5V standby point, the DTV 6V point, the A13V line & the P24V line. I may have opened or disabled a voltage regulator circuit. I can't just let this 28V reading run wild, as my mentoring from CA TV repair and classes I took told me that something is wrong somewhere if voltages are off that much. I realize that there was something intermittently wrong before I started my check, so I may have multiple problems now.
Any ideas, other than getting the oscilloscope out with the curve tracer and start checking parts? Thanks for any help or troubleshooting suggestions.Unsure

StGeorge
New User

Nov 27, 2015, 4:18 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [StGeorge] Sanyo DP26746 Unusually Hi Voltage (Pwr Board) [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's an update to my troubleshooting: After replacing a smoking 47 Ohm 1/6 W resistor on the power board on the power board 13V line, all PB voltages look good (no more 28V readings) except the 13V line, which is now 14.5V. Can't imagine this voltage (1.5V too high) is affecting what's happening now on the screen, which is intermittent partial screen scenarios. Most of the time at start-up the screen comes on full and ten minutes later goes to 1/5 screen horizontal with color mixed bars at top. Other times there is only the same horizontal partial screen at the top, only it is only 1/4" in height. Don't mean to try to guess past you techs about what to look for, but it would logically seem there's a video driver, T-con board, or digital board problem. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)