Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Sanyo DP26746 shuts off after 3-4 sec.

DAO
New User

Aug 15, 2010, 6:31 PM

Post #1 of 6 (53657 views)
Shortcut
Sanyo DP26746 shuts off after 3-4 sec. Can't Post

I have a Sanyo DP26746 that was purchased in 05 as a guest bedroom tv.I bet the set doesnt have 50 hrs use on it.When you turn it on it shuts down after 3-4 seconds.It will do the same thing a few times then nothing but wait a while and repeat the process.I researched all the posts and this is my first post on the forum.I took the back off the tv and examined the capacitors and all look good with no signs of bulge or leakage.The small white fuse looks ok but has not been checked.I have nothing to check the power supply board with but was wondering just what my next step should be.I know the fuse can look ok but still be bad and was wondering if the fuse was bad would the tv behave this way.How many things can cause this and what should be the best step by step way to possibly fix this problem.My girlfriend paid almost $800 for this tv for me and I almost had a stroke when I found out how much she paid for it.Any good advice would be greatly appreciated and in the mean time I think I am off to radio shack to check the fuse.Thanks !! Doug Smile

Repair man
Enthusiast

Aug 18, 2010, 2:20 AM

Post #2 of 6 (53635 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DAO] Sanyo DP26746 shuts off after 3-4 sec. [In reply to] Can't Post

This will not be a fuse. I would suspect a bad capacitor even though they look good. Capacitors will go bad long before showing signs such as bulging.

Try changing capacitor C1061 on the main board (C1061 is the part number printed on the circuit board near the capacitor). The value written on the side of the cap is 330uf at 16 volts. Be sure to install it in the same direction; the negative side of the capacitor is always labeled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Jul 27, 2015, 3:56 AM)

Mitrandir
New User

Oct 27, 2011, 12:00 PM

Post #3 of 6 (53160 views)
Shortcut

Hi DAO. It's might sound strange but I also had that problem, however with a different model. All I did to fix it - took the TV to the service center. They fixed the problem in few days, and all covered by a warranty. Have you solved the problem yet?
Sanyo LCD TV

LinoNewYork
New User

Apr 23, 2012, 6:47 AM

Post #4 of 6 (50547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Sanyo DP26746 shuts off after 3-4 sec. [In reply to] Can't Post

I signed up just to thank you for this tip.

The problem was exactly as described...a shorted C1061.

Without a schematic I would not have ever known where to look since there were no outward manifestations of defect on the components.

-Thanks again, Lino

alanretel
New User

Apr 26, 2012, 5:00 PM

Post #5 of 6 (50464 views)
Shortcut

Hi I think it would be capacitor problems. You must look for a professional service. I would recommend you http://www.tvrepairjacksonvillefl.com but you need search close your zone.

kentarver
New User

Jul 25, 2015, 7:29 AM

Post #6 of 6 (12722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Sanyo DP26746 shuts off after 3-4 sec. [In reply to] Can't Post

Repair Man , I ran across this post while searching in Google for "Sanyo DP26746 goes off after 3-4 Secs. I followed your Advice and of course it was C1061 Shorted causing the problem. I am a TV /Video/Computer Electronics Tech of 66 years of Age and this is the first time I have run across a "TIP" that actually worked as advertised ! I applaud YOUR Expertise and also WISH that there were more like you in this World ! In the Immortal Words of Jackie DeShannon "The World will be a Better Place" !

Ken Tarver ( A 2 Bit Tech in a 43 Terabit World )

(This post was edited by kentarver on Jul 25, 2015, 7:34 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)