Jonathan1683
New User

Jun 17, 2007, 7:30 PM

Post #1 of 6 (6623 views)
Shortcut
Sharp Aquos No color on S-Video/Component Can't Post

I have this TV
http://www.bestbuy.com/...amp;id=1155069968903
I have been having trouble with one of the component lines where it will only come in black and white and if I switch it to another slot it works with xbox360 in color, no big deal I guess since it works. Now I try to hook up my S-Video for my Video out on my PC and it also shows in black and white. Does anyone know if this is a hardware problem or something I can fix? I have a 6800 GT Video card.

Thank you,

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 17, 2007, 11:51 PM

Post #2 of 6 (6616 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jonathan1683] Sharp Aquos No color on S-Video/Component [In reply to] Can't Post

The tv isn't pc compliant. According to specs. it should, but it wasn't designed that way. and certainly S-VIDEO cannot handle signal from your pc. I have no idea what other causes this black and white you mentioned earlier but your are not opt. to input vcr's and non-progressive dvd player into full hd monitor. / if you have any regrets with the tv, considering that much you paid. You should have gotten a stand alone monitor with flexible inputs. Bestbuybusiness.com do carry them like the Sony LX1 is one of the best I personally owned and tested in all these categories. NEC 4010BK is another contender but not quite on video.This model was unsold from 4000 NEC model, send to China for modifications and now offered cheaper.

denonjapan
made in japan

Jonathan1683
New User

Jun 18, 2007, 3:38 AM

Post #3 of 6 (6613 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Sharp Aquos No color on S-Video/Component [In reply to] Can't Post

Well the PC does show up on my LCD it's just not in color, so unless it not being PC compliant is the reason it's in black and white I still don't understand. I just figured since the xbox doesnt work in one of the inputs on the back with the same problem (no color) that there was something wrong with the TV.

Thanks for your help.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 18, 2007, 4:23 AM

Post #4 of 6 (6609 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jonathan1683] Sharp Aquos No color on S-Video/Component [In reply to] Can't Post

It shows PC to the lcd bec. it detected a signal when you input a computer to the S-VIDEO. which shouldn't. I was reading the outline specification of the tv link from bestbuy and Im aware it didn't say or mentioned a VGA input to your LCD monitor. neither DVI. Those inputs to your LCD is permanent according to consumer viewing standards.... Now your xbox? I thought you said earlier that your xbox works with full color?......... Well, Im not familiar with those console, but Im pretty sure they're not plug and play units. You have to pre-set the output resolution from your console itself just like the PLAYSTATION 3...........Just one question> do you have a full hd in color when you watch from the built-in tuner? if your answer is YES, then there's nothing wrong with the TV.

denonjapan
made in japan

Jonathan1683
New User

Jun 18, 2007, 4:29 AM

Post #5 of 6 (6608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Sharp Aquos No color on S-Video/Component [In reply to] Can't Post

well it has 2 component Inputs one of them will not work in color. I tried to hook up a dvd player to it and the xbox360 and they both wouldent work in color. The TV works in color just not when you connect things into that certain component input and the s-video, I need something else to test the s-video, but I do have a feeling whatever I connect into it will not be in color, just like the component input.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jun 19, 2007, 6:13 AM

Post #6 of 6 (6601 views)
Shortcut

On the remote control of your tv. do all inputs has it's own button direct to this component input?.or you search inputs in one single button? if they are individualize, press it twice. Same thing with the S-Video. Jonathan, I also suggest to take look over the manual of your tv and to understand the compatibility of each inputs. One thing Im sure of, is the lcd isn't ideal for computer use. or any professional applications in that regard.

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)