Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Toshiba Regza TV has no TV picture

Docbokkie
New User

Nov 26, 2013, 10:44 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1888 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba Regza TV has no TV picture Can't Post

Hi, my Toshiba Regza TV (model no 37a3030d) is malfunctioning. It no longer shows any TV picture. When I turn it on, I just get a black screen, but you can see there is a faint light coming from it. Using the remote, I can change the input to DVD or PC or whatever and we can view from these devices through the TV, just the DTV input doesn't work. I can see the little menu that comes up to enable you to select your input device just fine, so there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the screen. As I said, We get a picture from DVD and hard drive anyway. What could be the problem? Have checked the aerial connections and they all seem fine. Is it time for a new TV or can this be rectified easily?

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 27, 2013, 12:31 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Docbokkie] Toshiba Regza TV has no TV picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Can we presume this set has worked (as currently connected in its current location) satisfactorily in the past?

DO you have an antenna, cable or satellite connected to the DTV Input (which I'll assume is the tuner input?)?

If it is an antenna or non set-top box cable company cable, can/have you done a channel scan?

-------------------------

Docbokkie
New User

Nov 27, 2013, 1:27 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Toshiba Regza TV has no TV picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes. The unit is where it has always been and, until now, had worked perfectly.

It is an antenna connected to the tuner input. Hmmmm... Can't perform a channel scan because the menu doesn't stay on the screen long enough to select that option.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)