Uni student needs help with tv!

needing_help
New User

Sep 27, 2006, 7:18 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1589 views)
Shortcut
Uni student needs help with tv! Can't Post

Hey everybody!

This is my first post here so please excuse my ignorance. I am here looking for some help with an LCD TV I have my eye on and there's no one I can really go to for advice on this subject, and seeing as the majority of you seem very knowlegable on this subject what a better place to go to than here Smile

I'm a Uni student so obviously my financial situation isn't that great so I was looking for a TV that is around 17-20", of decent quality and at a very good price for my situation. I know with electronics basically you get what you pay for and the brand of this TV I don't know much about so I would have no idea if their products have a good history, are good quality, etc.

Okay let's get down to business... I don't know very much about TV's and all their specifics so I will just list all the information I have.

PYROD 19" WIDESCREEN LCD TV $399 - Resolution: 1440x900 @ 75Hz, Contrast: 500:1 (max), Brightness: 400cd/m2 (max), Input signal: DVI, VGA, S-Video, AV, TV. PSW1900.

I have no idea what all those things mean but I thought it would be useful to list them just incase.

Is this a good deal? It isn't for a family room or anything, it's for my bedroom - I wanted something that wouldn't take up alot of room as my room isn't that big but I didn't want a screen that was too small as I have friends that come over to watch DVD's, etc. so I wanted the TV to be somewhat a decent size. I haven't heard much about the PYROD brand, hopefully some of you can help me out.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated as I really don't know that much about LCD TV's and I don't want to jump into something as like many people I don't have much money to be throwing around!

Thanks in advance Cool

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 30, 2006, 3:04 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1579 views)
Shortcut
Re: [needing_help] Uni student needs help with tv! [In reply to] Can't Post

Your idea of a PYROD 19 for $399.00 is quite unfair of the price. Not that I heard that brand cause to be honest! LCD brands are coming out like mushrooms these days! Some are quite stunner too! but you cant get a decent quality with the price affordable to your situation, they don't make them that way!..Since you are seeking an advice! I want you to visit some stores and nail one particular model you think it would fit your needs, don't buy it yet!...what I want you to do is search the internet the best price cause you always find the lowest and even lower when you end up in EBAY! GOODLUCK!
denonjapan
made in japan

techchris
Veteran

Sep 30, 2006, 4:09 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [needing_help] Uni student needs help with tv! [In reply to] Can't Post

steer cleer of all wierd unknown makes.you wont get it repaired

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)