Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
Vizio M421VT LED TV won't store custom settings?

ivtec
User

Oct 16, 2016, 12:16 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1925 views)
Shortcut
Vizio M421VT LED TV won't store custom settings? Can't Post

Hi guys i have a Vizio M421VT LED tv that won't store custom settings, i can adjust all settings but when i turn on tv all settings go back to default,i just need to lower back light,every time i turn tv on i have to go and lower back light which is annoying, is there anything i can do,never seen this on a tv, and i have a few,everything else runs normal,thanks

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 16, 2016, 2:57 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ivtec] Vizio M421VT LED TV won't store custom settings? [In reply to] Can't Post

EEPROM or flash memory on Main Board most likely.

-------------------------

ivtec
User

Oct 16, 2016, 3:07 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Vizio M421VT LED TV won't store custom settings? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
EEPROM or flash memory on Main Board most likely.

Thanks jts1957 for your effort but it's not it, and i found out the solution,

TV is set to Store Mode (aka Shop Mode, Demo Mode) instead of Home Mode. In this case it will always revert to the vivid settings you see in showrooms. This feature usually appears in the Initial Setup Menu.

Go to the Help Menu and select the Guided Setup feature which will take you to the First-time Installation. When the Home/Store option appears, select Home. This allows you to later set and store your own custom settings.

ivtec
User

Oct 17, 2016, 1:22 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Vizio M421VT LED TV won't store custom settings? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hijts1957;,i have bad news,you maybe right,about the EEPROM,well i spoke too soon about that i had it fixed but the next day turned tv on and all custom adjustments were not there but the Factory default, i did exact per,fanny tv stores antenna settings and channels ,input,se labels and most of everything else i did set up per instructions using home mode instead of Store mode, and went through the install process,then turned off tv and turned it on all was good. but next day everything went to default ,what a bummer,
I guess i have to use Back light forcefully at 85 that's the minimum best default pic settings,which is Game, Football, which is a nice pic anyway, it also has back light at 50 with cinema setting but it's too blur due too low contrast and color, forget about the back light leds extended life.

In Reply To

(This post was edited by ivtec on Oct 17, 2016, 1:28 PM)

ivtec
User

Oct 18, 2016, 2:31 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1894 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ivtec] Vizio M421VT LED TV won't store custom settings? [In reply to] Can't Post

HI guys; this time i have good news for now, update on my Vizio M421vt custom pic adjustments issue. Well today after doing again the factory default and complete installation in home mode and configurations, i went in the pic adjustments and adjusted custom pic settings to my liking and instead of turning off TV with remote control,(which is not the original for this model) i turned off TV on the TV control panel and a few hours later i turned TV on with remote and my custom settings were all there,already tried two times and all good,don't know if powering off tv on the tv control have anything to do with it,yet to be seen,maybe i have to turn off tv on the tv,keep my fingers crossed.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)