Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: LCD TV Forum:
going crazy...some help please ...which tv which size....

themtlkid
New User

Jun 23, 2009, 12:37 PM

Post #1 of 3 (984 views)
Shortcut
going crazy...some help please ...which tv which size.... Can't Post

Hi There,

really new to the forum ..so excuse any faux pas...

Im in the market for a tv...

viewing distance...6-7 feet
wont be watching hd for now eventually later maybe.....just regular digital cable for now...

1- debating between the 40" and 37"....pretty much decided on the 37" cause im afraid the 40" will be to big and the resolution will lack for my distance...so in the end figure its not worth the risk for 3"

2-since im leaning towards the 37" ...ive come down to two models...

lg 37" (37LH40) mainly cause its 120hz
or
samsung 37" (LN37B530)..love samsung quality...never had a bad experience but this model is 60hz

price difference for me would be about 300-400$ ....

any suggestions? or advice?

thanks

TVS TELEVISIONS
New User

Jun 23, 2009, 9:54 PM

Post #2 of 3 (974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [themtlkid] going crazy...some help please ...which tv which size.... [In reply to] Can't Post

To determine the best viewing distance for your new television the easiest way to figure it out for the best viewing and listening experience is to multiply the diagonal screen size by 2.5 to determine optimum viewing distance.

Using the 2 sizes you are considering the best choice using this formula would in fact be the 37" Samsung Televisions LCD. It reveals a viewing distance of 7'7" which accounting for how far back in your seat you sit would probably make for an optimum distance.

I would recommend the LN37b550 due to its superior dynamic contrast ratio of 70,000:1 vs 60k:1 and more input ports including a usb port at virtually the same price.
D&B Enterprises
Providing the best Samsung Televisions
at TVS TELEVISIONS ONLINE

numan2good
New User

Jun 24, 2009, 5:42 PM

Post #3 of 3 (970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [themtlkid] going crazy...some help please ...which tv which size.... [In reply to] Can't Post

go for samsung

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)