Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
3 LG/Zenith Issues - PLEASE HELP!!

scottbirdsong
New User

Dec 29, 2006, 7:18 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1902 views)
Shortcut
3 LG/Zenith Issues - PLEASE HELP!! Can't Post

I have a Zenith P60W26 60" Display. This tv has recently started having major issues all at around the same time. Please help. I am fairly technical so please be detailed.. thanks.
1. The display has several THIN colored lines running vertical from top to HALF way down the screen. They do not seem to go from top to bottom. They do not move or change no matter the input however, they do fade depending on the program material displayed.
2. When I turn on the tv, I get a picture for a couple of seconds then the screen goes black. However the LED status does not change. I can turn it off then on a couple of times it stays on. Almost like it warms up. I do not have audio running through the unit so I do not know if audio remains. (using it as video monitor only)
3. When the tv does show an image, the picture quality is poor for several mins. Then after it "warms up", the picture clears up. I would describe the poor image as if the colors are 'negative'. (Hope that makes sense!)
I am wondering if these issues are related some how and if this might be a card or even component that can be replaced? I have a service manual for this unit and am fairly technical, never messed with plasma technology though. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!

Scott

techchris
Veteran

Dec 29, 2006, 7:43 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottbirdsong] 3 LG/Zenith Issues - PLEASE HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

when the vertical lines are there change the aspect ratio to 4:3 . if the lines are in the same place then the front panel is croaked so put the tv in a dumpster unless under warranty.the other faults are irrelevant if the pdp panel is faulty.

scottbirdsong
New User

Dec 29, 2006, 7:48 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1896 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] 3 LG/Zenith Issues - PLEASE HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

OK.. what about the other issues.. The plasma was FREE. I might be able to live with a few lines...

BTW..Thanks for the quick reply!

techchris
Veteran

Dec 29, 2006, 10:41 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottbirdsong] 3 LG/Zenith Issues - PLEASE HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

you probably have a fault on the control board as well.the intermittent picture may well be the pdp panel too. LG spares are generally a nightmare to obtain and their backup service is next to useless so best of luck

MOtvGuy
User

Dec 31, 2006, 5:15 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1884 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] 3 LG/Zenith Issues - PLEASE HELP!! [In reply to] Can't Post

The verticle lines running halfway down from the top are probably due to a bad upper Y buffer board. The other problem is possibly due to bad sustain boards. Expensive repairs either way.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)