50" HP 5060n no pic

samtheclip
New User

Sep 7, 2010, 6:29 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2403 views)
Shortcut
50" HP 5060n no pic Can't Post

Hello,
A few days ago while watching my tv I heard a loud "bang" and then lost my picture. When I go to power it on the button lights up and then I just hear the relay click twice. It goes through this cycle over and over and I don't get any picture. I removed the rear cover. There are two tiny LED's that light up green each time the relay clicks. I'm not sure which boarch to replace. The power board does get power (since I hear the relay clicking). Any help would great be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

darstr
User

Sep 8, 2010, 8:27 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2378 views)
Shortcut
Re: [samtheclip] 50" HP 5060n no pic [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy If it was a loud bang, there will be evidence on a board somewhere. Just take your time and look for broken components or a burn mark on the board etc. Good luck to you

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 9, 2010, 12:27 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2374 views)
Shortcut
Re: [samtheclip] 50" HP 5060n no pic [In reply to] Can't Post

Or on a heat sink.Wink

-------------------------

samtheclip
New User

Sep 9, 2010, 11:59 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] 50" HP 5060n no pic [In reply to] Can't Post

By George I think I've got it!!! This is the APS-219 power supply. Do you think I could just pull the board and soldier a new "chip" on? Any idea what would've caused this? Any info is greatly appreciated.

I couldn't figure out how to post a pic on here so I added it to google docs. Here's a link of the pic:https://docs.google.com/...qMIzrt26cHEvLPOHYKXM

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)